Morningstar
www.morningstar.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Flexible hours to balance work with life

Equity Research Analyst (Current Employee)
Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Morningstar full-time for more than a year

ProsWork-life balance has never been easier than being at Morningstar. Despite being a financial services firm the company gives its employees the flexibility of work hours, as long as they ensure that important work gets done on time and clients are served well.

ConsOnce you get use to the easy-going culture at Morningstar, and casual dressing it may be harder for you to adjust to other firms that are less flexible and require longer hours of work.

Good environment good manager

Intern (Former Employee)
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Morningstar full-time for less than a year

Pros: -good management which can encourage you to contribute -good life balance;… Cons: -not many headcounts added every year for Asia -paid less than… More

Solid Career Launching Pad, Beware of Stagnation

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Morningstar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: - Mission of helping investors admirably adhered to - Friendly, Midwestern vibe - Comfy, safe… Cons: - Pay is sub-optimal, stock options aren't used as a real incentive - Human Resources are not professional - No rewards for… Advice to Senior Management: I spent 8 years with Morningstar, straight from college (pre and post IPO), working in two countries in various parts of the business so in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Morningstar.

Worked for Morningstar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morningstar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morningstar CEO Joe Mansueto. All reviews posted anonymously by Morningstar employees.