Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa

www.morongocasinoresort.com
There are newer employer reviews for Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa

Ups and downs

I worked at Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa

Pros

-Amazing benefits (the usual med/dental/vision) plus free lunch, thanksgiving gift card to all employees, Christmas bonus (not sure if that's still being offered)
-Fun atmosphere
-Relatively easy job
-Coworkers were amazing

Cons

-Good luck getting a raise (management felt because you received tips you didn't need to make more per hour)
-Management seemed to go out of their way to find bad things to say about your work come review time
-24/7 hours so graveyard shift can be horrible!
-Smoking environment is hard to adjust to for some people
-No vacations permitted during holidays
-Mandatory OT on holidays (came in to work sick on Christmas and was about 45 seconds from puking on my manager before he agreed to let me leave...Can't mess up his pretty pink tie)
-Customers blame the staff for their losses
-When the tips are bad it's hard to pay bills and live off of your regular pay

Loosen the purse strings just a hair and you'll have happier employees who don't feel the need to fight over the big tippers in an attempt to make some decent money. I much rather would have had Christmas off than the $50 gift card to buy a turkey at Thanksgiving (that I couldn't enjoy on thanksgiving cause i was WORKING). Think about following other casinos that are kind enough to their employees to shut down on Christmas and give them ONE DAY to celebrate with their family...the gamblers will survive 24 hours without access to slot machines and table games!

8 Other Employee Reviews for Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa (View Most Recent)

Absolutely Love Working for Morongo

I have been working at Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa

Pros

Great benefits, annual bonus + Thanksgiving bonus, internal marketing is great with employee picnics, health fairs, on the job training classes offered, wonderful co-workers, fun environment to work in

Cons

We are open 24/7, 365 so you must be ready to work weekends and holidays. Like anywhere else, customer service can always have it's difficult moments.

Continue to recognize and praise the hard work of your employees. It all starts with internal marketing, a happy employee gives great customer service.

great place to work

Current Employee - Housekeeping
    Current Employee - Housekeeping

I have been working at Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa

Pros

paid lunch, good and cheap $$ food prices in employee lunch room, easy location, friendly staff, good perks, benifits, low price ins.

Cons

open 24 hours and some rude customers when they loose$$, people sleep in their cars, customers litter all over the place, party on 5th floor parking lot

keep smiling, say hello to all employees, communication, feedback, operate as a outside P&L business, reward those who work hard and fire those slugs who dont

There are newer employer reviews for Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa