Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
www.morongocasinoresort.com Cabazon, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Ups and downs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Amazing benefits (the usual med/dental/vision) plus free lunch, thanksgiving gift card to all employees, Christmas bonus (not sure if that's still being offered)
-Fun atmosphere
-Relatively easy job
-Coworkers were amazing

Cons-Good luck getting a raise (management felt because you received tips you didn't need to make more per hour)
-Management seemed to go out of their way to find bad things to say about your work come review time
-24/7 hours so graveyard shift can be horrible!
-Smoking environment is hard to adjust to for some people
-No vacations permitted during holidays
-Mandatory OT on holidays (came in to work sick on Christmas and was about 45 seconds from puking on my manager before he agreed to let me leave...Can't mess up his pretty pink tie)
-Customers blame the staff for their losses
-When the tips are bad it's hard to pay bills and live off of your regular pay

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen the purse strings just a hair and you'll have happier employees who don't feel the need to fight over the big tippers in an attempt to make some decent money. I much rather would have had Christmas off than the $50 gift card to buy a turkey at Thanksgiving (that I couldn't enjoy on thanksgiving cause i was WORKING). Think about following other casinos that are kind enough to their employees to shut down on Christmas and give them ONE DAY to celebrate with their family...the gamblers will survive 24 hours without access to slot machines and table games!

Absolutely Love Working for Morongo

I have been working at Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa

Pros: Great benefits, annual bonus + Thanksgiving bonus, internal marketing is great with employee picnics,… Cons: We are open 24/7, 365 so you must be ready to work weekends… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to recognize and praise the hard work of your employees. It… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great place to work

Housekeeping (Current Employee)

I have been working at Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa

Pros: paid lunch, good and cheap $$ food prices in employee lunch… Cons: open 24 hours and some rude customers when they loose$$, people sleep in… Advice to Senior Management: keep smiling, say hello to all employees, communication, feedback, operate as a outside… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa.

Worked for Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa CEO Roger Meyer. All reviews posted anonymously by Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa employees.