The culture of layoffs

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Morpho full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are not many pros unfortunatlely. Great place to work 5 years ago.

Cons

Has history of laying off employees that have longevity in the company. The moral of employees are extremely low. Consistently losing market share

Top level management are steering the company in the wrong direction.

Other Reviews for Morpho

Good benefits, management is still figuring things out.

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Newark, CA

I have been working at Morpho full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For all its problems, the company has gotten me through the recession while maintaining a middle class standard of living, which is better than a substantial number of people in the US have done. The benefits are pretty good; they actually have a retirement program, which seems to be a rarity anymore.

Cons

Safran took over the homeland security branch of GE (and named it Morpho Detection) just as the economy was tanking, so it’s hard to tell if things got worse because of the new company or the economy. There seemed to be a lot of bickering with the customer about the prices of service contracts and what is or is not covered. As field service person this led to me suddenly having to refuse to fix things that were once covered by the contract, which has caused strained relationships with the customer. They have been looking for ways to cut costs often resulting in back-door pay reductions, such as telling us we aren’t allowed work overtime but if something happens that requires more than 40-house of work, we’ll just have to figure out how to get it done without using overtime, which basically means they expect hourly to work as long as is necessary without getting to get paid any more for overtime even when the work week goes beyond 40 hours. There was a while where it seemed Email from management came with threats of termination for anyone who didn’t do what they were asking for. There were a lot of layoffs, playing musical managers and people suddenly disappearing without explanation. Things seem to have calmed down a bit for the last few months. I hope it’s a sign that they are getting their acts together as opposed to just a temporary lull.

Very bad ,disrespectful

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Morpho as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Interesting technology ,enjoy to do my job.

Cons

I was working many hours and all the weekends, the most difficult shifts , not enough personal.
    Didn't have time to spent with my family , never got a real help from team, no team work.
    When needed some help, never real got it , needed to learn on my own.
    Treated me like a slave, no respect.

If i would you i would send someone as undercover to see what is really going on , how the supervisors and the team leads treat employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Morpho.

Worked for Morpho? Contribute to the Community!