Morphotek

There are newer employer reviews for Morphotek

Great Place to Work

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Exton, PA
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Exton, PA

I have been working at Morphotek as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, awesome boss, and friendly co-workers. The salary is good for the type of work and hours, M-F 8a-5p. The lab I work in is state of the art with the latest equipment. My department is small and my team is the best.

Cons

I have to take 76 to get to and from work and traffic is terrible. There is a hiring freeze and I am hopeful it will be lifted so I can be brought on as a full-time employee.

Hire people full time as apposed to contract so we don't lose them to other companies.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Morphotek (View Most Recent)

Great people, bu typical faults of a young company

I worked at Morphotek

Pros

Great facilities and people. Compensation is extremely competitive.

Cons

Shoot first, then ask questions, then aim and shoot again mentality.

Takes care of its own... if you are a FTE

Former Contractor - Biochemistry Development Technician in Exton, PA
    Former Contractor - Biochemistry Development Technician in Exton, PA

I worked at Morphotek as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

In general the people are great, small company politics as usual are a positive and negative. Day to day perks like company-wide activities and happy hours. Frustrations with being a contractor (see "cons") at least were not part of daily lab work; same responsibilities as my FTE peers, same recognition within the group (until it came to compensation or training / travel).

Cons

Was hired in 2010 as a contractor (through Aerotek), made the same hourly rate over the 2.5 yrs I spent at the company. A hiring freeze was initiated within a few months of my start date, so the "we always convert to FTE within 6-12 months" turned into a "sorry, we would if we could, but we won't". I watched my fellow contractors leave out of frustration one by one, until it was my turn to say goodbye too. Upper management made it clear through their actions / policies that contractors (with the same years of experience within the company) were not considered equal to FTEs.

Recognize that your hard-working contractors are fully aware they are being treated like second class employees. A welcome change would be built in salary increases after say... 2 years of faithful service as a contractor. Or just hire them already.

There are newer employer reviews for Morphotek