It was a wonderful company to work for, a company that keeps you engaged.

Former Employee - Executive Chef  in  New Haven, CT
Former Employee - Executive Chef in New Haven, CT

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They keep up with the latest trends and keep you fully informed and endless education through webinars which helps with the daily tasks at hand.

Cons

Never like to be negative, but was wrongfully terminated and cannot even get a call back from recruiting

After 6 successful years at Morrison, I was wrongfully terminated and I feel upper management should follow up with the former employee to get the their side of the story. After Morrison spent many dollars on a individual for training, you would think they would investigate the true reason for the termination. Management is not always fair or correct. Again, I never want to be negative, but this is my true sincere feelings. I want to go back to Morrison very much.

Other Reviews for Morrison Healthcare

Former Employee

Former Employee - Catering Associate  in  Portsmouth, VA
    Former Employee - Catering Associate in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was better when Bon Secour owned their own kitchen.

Cons

Where do I start hmmmmm. I dont know about anywhere else but the Morrisons thats here in Va is horrible. I worked for and was hired by Bon Secour Maryview and then here comes trouble. U dont get paid holidays, they think its all about them very selfish and could careles about u and your family. They are not clean, employees run pots and pans through the dish washer and they come out still dirty and/or greasy and they pit them on the rack anyway. They taste food without washing their hands. They cut up vegtables and meats on the same vutting board. The cardiac seasoning pack as tomatoe in it and it clearly states that in the ingredients and then they turn around and serve it to renal patients who arent suppose to have tomatoe products. I bought it to there attention in a meeting and they act just like they didnt care and still do the same thing. I lost my grandson and had 3 bearevment days and im still fighting tooth and nails to get paid for those days owed to me because management only wants to pay me for one day needless to say in their employee handbook its clearly stated and their human resources suck caue they know of the situation and still allowed this man to get away with miss managing an employee. They never called back or anything so now i have a civil suit against them so strap up your boots Morrisons. And then on top of that they taxed me again. Another reason i left is because if i work for my money apparently i need it on time because i have a family too to take care of, well they dont care myself and other employees have been made to wait until the next payday clearly if u pay rent u are now late and so are ir other bills. The management sucks! Our manager put a camera on the time clock and some employees where able to clock in and some werent this particular day Oct 10 2013 so we where asked to write down our times in and our. Well low and behold on the next payday everyone who sighned the paper that day didnt get paid for that day and wasmade to wait til next payday wow. I could go on and on but no i dont recommend no one to work for this company. go work for Mcdonalds first. And the always running out of supplement that the tube fed patients need daily unacceptable. No patients no income. Other patients need supplements also but they cant get what they dont have. Over work their good employees. Name i can go on. Good luck Morrisons cause its going take Jesus to save you all from falling

I will see you in court

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Stay away! Zero stars

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare

Pros

The only pro is you advance quickly

Cons

Everything!!! Where do I start? Management is shitty, disconnected, only focus on the negative and the sales reports. If you are looking for being appreciated you can forget it. You dont get as much as a good job. You are overworked & underpaid. It is a hostile and negative work.environment. They want you to not have a life or spend time with your kids. They want you to bend over backwards but cant show any appreciation. These people call themselves chefs and kitchen managers when they are hardly that. Cross contamination, not washing hands or changing gloves, cash handling then touching food, sneezing on food and serving it, touching contaminated surfaces then touching food, not taking food temps, not rotating food, cutting vegetables on raw meat cutting boards, the list goes on.... This place should be reevaluated and all the people that are violating health code should be fired. You tell.management and they do nothing...

Get involved, dont sit in the office all day. Treat your employees the same as you would.treat your best client. If you respect amd appreciate your employees they will be more than happy to help you run a succesful and positive business. Without your employees you have nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for Morrison Healthcare.

Worked for Morrison Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!