There are newer employer reviews for Morrison Healthcare

Morrison Healthcare from good to great path

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Morrison stays on top of trends in the market and has the potential for great things. It's senior management staff, Tim Pierce, Scott, Joe Obrien, Lenny Scranton. Robert Huffman are second to none in both knowledge and experience.

Cons

The down side holding Morrison back is it's relationship with Compass. The recruiting system and Human Resources support are made up of Compass employees and not Morrison experienced professionals. They are out of touch with the leaders in the field. They appear lazy and inexperienced in solving problems and recruiting due to never working in the trenches. They are recruited directly from college and are incredibly book smart yet fail to understand the nature of the beast at field level. Recruiting is the largest nightmare as they present a very standoff degree of contempt and rely almost solely on ATS programs to cut there work down. Most promotions are not experience or knowledge based but who knows who. This practice has led to an extremely high turn-over in the management staff. To see firsthand a RDO not even get a chance to interview for a position because of favortism is not consistant with Morrison's value system yet occurs daily in Resource Network.

Advice to Management

Return to the basics and what made Morrison great. 1) Conduct a thorough investigation in to the reported politics of the recruiting system and Resource Network starting with Louise and on down. Her knowledge of employment law is seriously lacking and she continually makes excuses. 2) Establish a program in which those in the recruiting arena and HR call center spend an established period of time in the trenches at unit level so that they may be able to understand it better. 3) Discontinue or start using the ATS as it was meant to be, an Applicant Tracking System, not an Applicant Screening System. 4) Hold recruiters accountable for their performance and maintain a co-existant relationship with leaders in the field by adapting a developmental system for developing our great Team members. 5) Stop the talk and start walking the walk as many of the aforementioned have been suggested before but have not really been put to practice. 6) Develop a better system to listen to those in the field and of their experience. Items such as best practices for reducing accidents and reducing taxes through programs offered both statewide and federally. I know I tried countless times to get Compass. Morrison, anybody to listen to me when I discovered the HIRE act in February but no one listened until August. We lost thousands of dollars at every unit. I tried countless times to advise HR of new trands in the Georgia labor law but again no one listened and it cost thousands of dollars. I reduced accidents to zero on three separate occassions but nobody cared to ask how and neither did they want to know when I tried to tell them.

Other Employee Reviews for Morrison Healthcare

1. Good interning exerience

Current Intern - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

offered a lot of opportunities to work on projects allowed flexible hours friendly people

Cons

not the most updated technologies

2. It was a wonderful company to work for, a company that keeps you engaged.

Former Employee - Executive Chef in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in New Haven, CT

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They keep up with the latest trends and keep you fully informed and endless education through webinars which helps with the daily tasks at hand.

Cons

Never like to be negative, but was wrongfully terminated and cannot even get a call back from recruiting

Advice to Management

After 6 successful years at Morrison, I was wrongfully terminated and I feel upper management should follow up with the former employee to get the their side of the story. After Morrison spent many dollars on a individual for training, you would think they would investigate the true reason for the termination. Management is not always fair or correct. Again, I never want to be negative, but this is my true sincere feelings. I want to go back to Morrison very much.