There are newer employer reviews for Morrison Healthcare

Good job, management horrible

Current Employee - Cook
Current Employee - Cook

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun coworkers, job security, benefits

Cons

Always understaffed, no attention paid to scheduling, horrible starting pay

Start listening to your employees - And not just the ones that have been there 30 years.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Morrison Healthcare (View Most Recent)

HORRIBLE COMPANY

Current Employee - Cook in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Cook in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The only pros about working for this company are SOME, if you're lucky, coworkers you may have. Benefit package is decent.

Cons

Management is HORRIBLE, they don't care about their employees. Should be short staffed, due to a call in, don't expect your boss to step up and help, they expect you to work 2 positions at once. They don't hire people who are willing to work rather just a body to fill the spot. Morrison has a crazy occurrence policy, they give you one for everything! This company is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Your pay isn't based on your experience, the time you've worked there, or how good of an employee you are, depending on which position you work, that's your pay, you may have 15 years experience and be the hardest worker, they can hire someone else to work the same position next to you who has no experience and is lazy, you both will be paid the same hourly rate regardless, and you always will make the same amount as that inexperienced, lazy coworker. Upper management is horrible. Basically just a horrible company. I've worked there for 5 miserable years, others longer, none of us have ever had a performance review in those years, NONE! I stay because there aren't any other jobs in the area, but I'm always looking.

You need a complete overhaul.

It wasn't the job for me.

Former Employee - Cook/Cold Prep in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Cook/Cold Prep in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you want to move to a different position, they try to work with you as much as possible.

Cons

Some of the challenges working with Morrison are lack of respect from co-workers. Also sometimes you aren't given enough time to complete your tasks.

My advice to management would be to not have favorites in a place of work. Everyone should be treated equally.

There are newer employer reviews for Morrison Healthcare