Mosaic Community Services

www.mosaicinc.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Mosaic Community Services

Overall it is a very rewarding experience.

Current Employee - Case Manager in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Case Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are wonderful clients who can be very challenging but can also make your work a joy. It is a great experience for anyone who wants to help others or break into the field.

Cons

There are sometimes issues with poor communication and there are few/seldom any chance for promotions or raises.

Advice to Management

better communication, listen to employees

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This job is all right

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services

Pros

No two days are the same. There are some opportunities to genuinely help people and feel good about your work. The holiday party is pretty bangin.

Cons

The level of communication is pretty bad. The majority of people who work here are introverted, so people don't often speak up.

The part of the company that I work for is "all about the money", and this becomes apparent pretty quickly. The job becomes more about paper work and policies when it should be about helping clients.

Management is pretty lacking.

Advice to Management

Listen to your subordinates. I have given a lot of feedback which was immediately discarded. I understand that I can't change policies on my own, but at least listen to my concerns.

2. Improved with management change

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time

Pros

The non-profit sector can offer a workplace culture and atmosphere that is hard to find in public companies. There was workplace camaraderie and a sincere caring for the clients, even by the accounting and administrative staff. I was definitively sad to leave this and the office politics in my next place was a bit of a cultural shock. The place had improved with a change of management in finance and it had become a good place to work.

Cons

HR did not take the complaints of management issues seriously, until there was a change in management above this person and they listened to our issues. Pay was low, and pay increases were not always possible, but this is not different than other non-profit organizations.

Advice to Management

Value your staff and listen to what they have to say about your executives you have in place.