Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

www.mosaicco.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

90-95% Positive

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plymouth, MN
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Senior leadership does what they say they will do, and has managed to avoid management fads and "flavor of the month" changes in direction. They've stayed consistent on some people issues for 3-4 years. There is a strong knowledge that they are in a cyclical, commodity business and the finance people have done a great job weathering the recession with creative ways to avoid layoffs. Employees at all levels are hard-working folks, generous with their time, and genuinely want to help each other out. It's a hard-working, relatively flat company that is growing and there are many opportunities to work on challenging projects and to take on a lot of responsibility. Plus, a lot of employees can get behind the official mission, "To help the world grow the food it needs."

Cons

While there are a lot of project opportunities and responsibilty, the company culture is quite traditional, and may rub Millenials the wrong way with its limited work-life flexibility and hierarchical decision making procedures. It is an engineering-driven, "Minnesota Nice" culture that does not encourage conflict, and creative types may find it a bit stifling. The company is still working on the last bits of bringing together the two companies that merged to form Mosaic, and there are still some spots where there are "corporate vs. the field," or "the way we need to do it vs. the way we've always done it" issues that get in the way. Also, the hiring process is still being improved, and it can take 10 weeks and multiple interviews to get through from initial job application to an actual offer; be prepared for this, if you are an applicant.

Advice to management: Stay focused on the same strategy and messages, like you are, and make sure we know the priorities all the way down to the front line. Take a good look at the innovation and change stuff and see where the senior leadership culture could be looser and less critical of things and people that are different. We implement a lot of business change suggestions, but not so much in improving the work culture. Either get things to move faster or provide more reassurance (with data) that we are moving fast enough to not only stay ahead of our competitors, but to deal from a position of strength if someone were to look at Mosaic as a potential acquisition. Get leaders at all levels to take the leadership stuff even more seriously, and measure and report on it so employees could count on coaching, feedback, and career development opportunities.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Mosaic Company (Minnesota) (View Most Recent)

Everyone works together to make sure clients are cared for in a respectfull manor.

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Denison, IA
    Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Denison, IA

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Everyone works together in a respectfull manor and can take time with clients to help them to have a very good quality of life.
    , and we enjoy it!

Cons

There is not enough time in a day.

There needs to be more money allowed for medpassers anf I think for van driving. They are a significant responsibility when someone takes that on.

at times challenging,rewarding,beneficial.

Current Employee - Operator in Mulberry, FL
    Current Employee - Operator in Mulberry, FL

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

pay is above average,coworkers are pleasant, my supervisor is great to work for benefits are above average,but better than some others i know about,management do try get in touch with the hourly work force,about different issues. Safety is a priority over profit.

Cons

we are in the south and that good ole boy network is still hanging around, some things are better left alone.

get the feel of what the hourly people are thinking or how they feel about decisons that affect our every day activties.

There are newer employer reviews for Mosaic Company (Minnesota)