working for the Mosaic Company in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan

Current Employee - Electrician in Esterhazy, SK (Canada)
Current Employee - Electrician in Esterhazy, SK (Canada)

Pros

The pay is fairly decent although it isn't quite up to tradesmen standards. Work has usually been fulltime without any lay-offs.

Cons

Too much of senior management belongs to the " Ol' boys club". At the same time alot of new staff, ie; young engineers, think they know everything and don't like to take the time to listen to advice from senior employees. Employees are always last to here what's going on with the mining operation.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees that have the experience and have seen the same thing tried over and over. Don't keep employees like mushrooms and value the hardworking and knowledgeable employees that you have.

Other Employee Reviews for Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

1. Fantastic Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Mosaic Company (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

I enjoyed every day I worked at the Mosaic Company in Minnesota. The company believes in a solid work/life balance. The executives promote company-wide programs to assist in the community and also to create a closer relationship with fellow employees in different departments by allowing various events throughout the year.

Cons

For me, it was a long drive with no option to work remotely during the bad Minnesota winters.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees' ideas and recommendations for future growth and change opportunities.

2. Mosaic Fall Engineering Co-op

Pros

I got paid. I got to put it on my resume.

Cons

Terrible. Bad planning - when I arrived for my first day, there was confusion about who my manager was. Ended up calling random people around the plant until someone was willing to accept me as their intern. Worked in the shipping department, with zero applicability to mechanical engineering, which I promised exposure and experience. Did a whole lot of nothing. Sitting around. Manager didn't know what to do with me. Bad planning from the top all the way down.