working for the Mosaic Company in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan

Current Employee - Electrician in Esterhazy, SK (Canada)
Current Employee - Electrician in Esterhazy, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

The pay is fairly decent although it isn't quite up to tradesmen standards. Work has usually been fulltime without any lay-offs.

Cons

Too much of senior management belongs to the " Ol' boys club". At the same time alot of new staff, ie; young engineers, think they know everything and don't like to take the time to listen to advice from senior employees. Employees are always last to here what's going on with the mining operation.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees that have the experience and have seen the same thing tried over and over. Don't keep employees like mushrooms and value the hardworking and knowledgeable employees that you have.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great People

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Mosaic Company (Minnesota) as an intern

Pros

The people that work at Mosaic are always nice and love to talk to you. I walked by people in the plant, and they will always say hello. Even delivery personnel are very nice.

Cons

I worked in the Florida Plants so it could get pretty hot. Also, this may or may not be a "con" but you have to be willing to get a little hands on and sometimes dirty. I liked it because it was fun.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a great job and I would not change anything. The only thing I would suggest is to have more performance reviews with employees.

2. Don't believe the hype!

Former Employee - Laborer in Plant City, FL
    Former Employee - Laborer in Plant City, FL

I worked at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

The salary was good lots of potential to make some serious money

Cons

That facility fosters a lot of negative behaviors and management is fully aware but plans on doing nothing about it. People are basically left to fend for themselves, the way these guys talk to each other in the break room during lunch was downright jaw dropping!

Advice to Management

Funny thing about this company, I noticed it does two things well, conceal the back breaking part (laborers pos.) in the interview/ job posting, and keeping employees around that want nothing to do with the company. The reality is this company pays well but the way the resources are distributed would make anyone question the stability of the company. CF industries in Plant City was acquired by Mosaic. While I was there, what I found there was a lot of employees that were good at playing hide-and-go seek. They would start a job and take multiple breaks and sometimes winding up either in the tool room or in the lead man’s office, just shooting the breeze. In fact there were jobs that never even got completed or the job at hand did not get the detail attention because employees continuously looking for a way out. Many jobs were getting half hearted attempts. Very surprised at the culture at the plant city facility!!! Very barbaric, even kind of threatening and nobody seemed to care, it seem like it was all part of the landscape. I worked in the B-Phos Acid Plant with the HYDRO-BLAST team, and my first impression was that the facility seemed run down and so was the culture. That facility fosters a lot of negative behaviors and management is fully aware but plans on doing nothing about it. People are basically left to fend for themselves. The "back breaking labor" and the added risk associated with dealing with a plant that's continuously dripping liquid on you as you walk by doesn't even seem worth it. I can go on and on about some of the disappointing atrocities that I saw. The bathrooms made you think, I'll hold it, or rather go outside. The break room was way too small for the amount of employees. Back to the culture, the way these guys talk to each other in the break room during lunch was downright jaw dropping! The advice I got multiple times from others that seem like “the golden rule” keep to yourself and don’t say anything to anyone, in your first year. Does that seem like anyway to live to anyone? Seems like jailhouse rules to me. Overall, not a very inviting place to work. My opinion about this place is they get two thumbs down. I’ve somehow missed Mosaic’s reputed culture that I’ve heard so much about…….