Mosaic

www.mosaicinfo.org
  www.mosaicinfo.org
There are newer employer reviews for Mosaic

Working here has caused me to reconsider my career path in social work/human services.

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Pontiac, IL
Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Pontiac, IL

I have been working at Mosaic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The clients are the only reason to hold a job with this organization.

Cons

The management is extremely disrespectful of employees and can be harassing - sometimes they call more than 10 times in a day. The shifts are irregular and are often changed with little or no notice. The employees are lazy and do not do their jobs. The pay rate is like a slap to the face. They are continually severely understaffed.

Get a clue.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Mosaic (View Most Recent)

Get in and get out.

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Mosaic part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, the job gets much easier. You have training for two weeks and get your CPR/First aid certifications. If I could give anyone advice, get in to this job get through the training period and then quit.

Cons

The turn over rate is so high that there are people constantly in and out of the company. The higher ups don't expect you to stick around long and treat you with little respect. The management and HR department in the Colorado Springs location have poor communication skills and seem to care little about their Direct Support Associates. Along with the low pay, this job is only for those who REALLY need it since it is fairly easy to get the job.

Start listening to your associates. Remember that the new people don't know everything about the job and it is your responsibility to make sure they understand it without assuming they know every detail. Remember as well that other staff in the house aren't always the best people to train a new associate.

Unprofessional,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Mosaic

Pros

Clients are a joy to work with and make it worth coming to work each day.

Cons

Throwing people under the bus for personal gain is never a good quality. Our management needs to pull their heads out and realize that we have people working for personal gain and do not care at all about the clients or host homes. Some have even gone so far as to intimidate clients that are their own guardians to say things that are untrue regarding their providers. They do not care about the truth. I strongly urge others who have worked or are working for Mosaic to bond together for the good of our clients that we serve. You need to post your experience on this web site so we can get the attention of management.

Linda, you need to get to Omaha and review the files and find out exactly what is going on. You have no clue and the people who work here that are all about the clients are tired of all the crap.
    Reports are being changed and interviews with clients are being twisted, employees are being thrown under the bus. No one trusts anyone! Omaha is in big trouble.

There are newer employer reviews for Mosaic