Mosquito and Vector Control

www.fightthebite.net
Unclaimed Profile

Think twice

Pros

The benefits are okay, medical is acceptable, vision is acceptable, dental could be better, they pay 8% of your salary towards retirement. The pay is good because we are local government.

Cons

I would highly advice anyone interested to consider other places to work before coming here. Management is terrible here and they don't care about employee welfare. Management doesn't even trust employees with keys to the building, so major trust issues here. There is no work/life balance whatsoever, especially during the busy season (march/april-late august/sept). We work early mornings and well into the night (12-18 hours, no joke). People have to miss important events (i.e. - weddings, graduations) because management wants the work done. Certain departments have high employee turnover (like the lab), which is a red flag in any organization. There are a lot of cons to this job than the pros, way too many to name here.

Advice to Management

A good start is to get new management and change up the "good ole boy" style of management here. Also, I would recommend that all management/supervisors undergo cultural sensitivity/competence training.

Other Employee Reviews for Mosquito and Vector Control

1. Run away..

Current Employee - Vector Aide
    Current Employee - Vector Aide

Pros

I cannot think of one

Cons

There are too many cliques and fake people.

Advice to Management

You need to see who really does work and actually hire those people not people who don't qualify