Mosquito and Vector Control

www.fightthebite.net
There are newer employer reviews for Mosquito and Vector Control

Think twice

I have been working at Mosquito and Vector Control

Pros

The benefits are okay, medical is acceptable, vision is acceptable, dental could be better, they pay 8% of your salary towards retirement. The pay is good because we are local government.

Cons

I would highly advice anyone interested to consider other places to work before coming here. Management is terrible here and they don't care about employee welfare. Management doesn't even trust employees with keys to the building, so major trust issues here. There is no work/life balance whatsoever, especially during the busy season (march/april-late august/sept). We work early mornings and well into the night (12-18 hours, no joke). People have to miss important events (i.e. - weddings, graduations) because management wants the work done. Certain departments have high employee turnover (like the lab), which is a red flag in any organization. There are a lot of cons to this job than the pros, way too many to name here.

A good start is to get new management and change up the "good ole boy" style of management here. Also, I would recommend that all management/supervisors undergo cultural sensitivity/competence training.

1 Other Employee Reviews for Mosquito and Vector Control (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for Mosquito and Vector Control