Moss Adams LLP

Good stable company.

Current Employee - Tax Staff in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Tax Staff in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Moss Adams LLP

Pros

This is a stable company with high ethics. Management stresses the importance of safety in regards to client retention. The company is small enough that staff get to experience a variety of clients and projects, rather than being slotted into one type of work. There are some very talented people to work with.

Cons

Useful training is lacking in the tax areas. The bigger firms offer better opportunities to learn your job. Morale gets very low during busy seasons.

Put some effort into people to help them succeed. Make the mentoring program work by making your middle management accountable for the success of their charges.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Moss Adams LLP (View Most Recent)

Moss Adams - Respected, good career, poor benefits.

Current Employee - Senior in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior in Portland, OR

I have been working at Moss Adams LLP

Pros

Moss Adams is a respected firm, and it is growing. There are opportunities for advancement, and it is a good place to have a career. If you are interested in a particular industry group, there is opportunity to do that. The bigger offices in the Northwest (Seattle, Portland) are well established and feel like a Big 4 firm. Smaller offices in the northwest (Yakima, Eugene, Medford, etc) feel like a small CPA firm. California is the firm's growth market, and has a lot of opportunities for growth if you are ambitious and enjoy selling. The consulting and internal audit groups are growing, and have not nearly saturated their target market given the overall size of the firm.

Cons

The Moss Adams benefits package is poor. While vacation for client service personnel is good (5 weeks PTO), retirement doesn't start until year 3, and even then it is only 4% profit sharing. Health care premiums are also not subsidized as much as similar companies.

Improve the benefits package. Setup "hoteling" space for staff & seniors to work.

A good place to work because of its work/life balance, but you just may not be compensated and rewarded appropriately.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Moss Adams LLP

Pros

The work is challenging and you get to work with great clients. Not much travel as compared to other firms. Work/life balance is valued highly. The hours are great - can expect to work no more than 50 hours a week - can't say that about other firms.

Cons

The firm does not always equip you to perform at a high level. Bureaucracy may keep you from doing your job well; too much red tape for what is supposed to be a smaller size firm compared to the Big 4. Also, compensation doesn't appear to be tied to performance. When you do a good job, you may not always be appropriately rewarded. More emphasis is placed on how the hours billed than quality of work. Compensation and bonuses are more typical of private industry than other similar firms.

Learn how to identify and retain your top talent and reward those who perform consistently at a high level. If I am performing well, reward me accordingly. If I am not, also, compensate me accordingly. If I want to get the big bonus/raise incentivize me.

There are newer employer reviews for Moss Adams LLP