There are newer employer reviews for Motel 6

Its an ok Job

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Motel 6

Pros

Motel 6 has a few top reasons to work for them but the top reasons are:
Friendly Co-workers
Customers Satisfaction.
Discount Program.

Cons

Motel 6 has various reasons to dislike the company work but the top reasons are:
No room for advancement.
Low pay.

Some advice I would give to upper management is to provide the workers with the ability to receive raises frequently, and have the ability to grow within the company.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Motel 6 (View Most Recent)

Easiest job I have ever had..

Current Employee - Front Desk  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Motel 6

Pros

- Works around my schedule
    - Never busy
    - No real dress code
    - Besides checking in guests I can do whatever I want. I can bring my laptop in and do homework or sit in the lobby and watch tv.

Cons

- Shifts are kinda lame (7-3, 3-11, 11-7).
    - Because some of them are franchise locations they hire their own family members, some of which do not speak English.
    - Not the safest area, we get some real characters.

Give a raise every once in while.. Some of us have been here 5+ years and the only raises we have gotten are the minimum wage raises. Also, all Motel 6 should be the same. People should not expect to get breakfast at Motel 6 if it is company policy not to serve breakfasts.. yet some do anyways?

Great company overall, with minor setbacks

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Motel 6

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for motel 6 is the fact that it is a nationwide company that believes in internal promotion of its most valuable and driven employees. Of course, I am speaking from the viewpoint of an employee of a Corporately held Motel 6. The employees of a franchise may not feel the same way, as they are managed by their respective owners. Working the front desk at Motel 6 is not a hard job as long as you get along well with people, and are service oriented. GM's are given alot of leeway in the way that they manage and schedule their employees, within certain guidelines of course. Those that work for a corporately held Motel 6 are employees of ACCOR international, which is one of the largest hospitality corporations in the world, which affords many opportunities for growth with the company outside the Motel 6 brand also.

Cons

Getting insurance from Motel 6 takes 6 months, instead of the customary 3 months. The job can be very tedious, since you are doing the same thing over and over again all day, while standing and dealing with people who may not be the nicest. The pay is near minimum wage to start with for the GSR position, regardless of experience. Most shifts are 8 hours, standing behind a desk, by yourself. The training is not very uniform accross the company, as it is performed on site for each new employee, unless you are opening a new motel 6, in which case, training is performed at another motel 6 property while yours is being built.

create a more uniform training program for the GSR position, and find ways to hold the trainers accountable to this measure. Also, dont keep employees just because of their tenure, if they are not good employees they need to be let go. Make the property management system more user friendly.

There are newer employer reviews for Motel 6

Worked for Motel 6? Contribute to the Community!