There are newer employer reviews for Motion Control Engineering

Those who are willing to put in the effort will be rewarded with a satisfying career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Motion Control Engineering full-time

Pros

In my experience, creativity and effort is appreciated and rewarded. The management respects the people who work for them, and for the most part, the only limits to success are those the individual employees put on themselves. In many ways, the people I've worked with over the years feel almost like family. If you feel held back in this company, perhaps you need to check your own attitude.

Cons

There are no real cons for me, personally. It's true that the economy has presented some challenges over the past few years, but what company hasn't suffered in this regard?

Advice to Management

I have none at this time. I think management is doing a great job, and based on feedback I've received from friends who've left, no one realizes that more than those who've chosen to go to work for another company. It's really true that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Other Employee Reviews for Motion Control Engineering

1. It's a good place to work if you like being treated like you are a child who has to live under constantly changing rules

Former Employee - Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Motion Control Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of the employees are good people who care about others and their work. I really have to say there are some great people that work in this place who are in the sales, engineering and R&D departments.

Cons

You will get terrible raises and at the unofficial policy is to give reviews every 15 months so they can stretch out paying you less. Salary employees have to clock in and out. If you work less than 42.5 hours a week (half hour lunches) on the clock your pay will be docked. If you work at home to make up for it your pay will still be docked because they don't allow working from home. If you work over 42.5 hours one week and less the next, your pay will still be docked. Production is being moved to Mexico so over the last 7 years a lot of long term factory workers have been laid off resulting in a loss of product knowledge. Working at MCE will make you feel like you always need to watch your back because any wrong step will be dealt with swiftly, and firmly. There is a lot of turn over in engineering as new college grads will work for a year and then move on once the promise of a bright future and a good raise doesn't come true. Unfortunately upper management is mostly made up of people who are not MBA's and don't know how to manage people and don't have children so they don't seem to understand a family and work balance. If you do decide to work at MCE, make sure you are always in some way tied to the product shipping out the door. I have seen several times a person moved to a special project and then laid off if the project didn't work out. When given the special project, you will have unclear goals, no mentoring or support from management to help with the project and you will not be allocated any resources. You will feel like you are being set up to fail. Overall the employees at the company are not very happy working there but are constantly being told by upper management that leaving is giving in and that MCE is the best place to work. The longer you stay there the more you will believe it's true.

Advice to Management

Please treat the employees like professionals. Road map a growth plan for the employees. Provide annual raises that are on par with the industry.

2. Terrible experience that I had with this company

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Motion Control Engineering full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

no reason at all to work for this company because they abuse their engineers

Cons

wasting your time and your money

Advice to Management

I strongly recommend not to work for this company because they mistreat their engineers terribly