Motiva Enterprises

www.motivaenterprises.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Motiva Enterprises

I enjoyed the people that I worked with at Motiva and the work was challenging.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Motiva Enterprises

Pros

The benefits are excellent at Motiva and it's a great place to work. I enjoyed my time working there and enjoyed a 9/80 schedule.

Cons

Some of the managers at Motiva were not skilled at providing a good mentoring especially when there was not a well established movement plan for the particular business or service that your job resided in.

Managers should look for and actively encourage those employees who show the potential to grow through work output and willingness to take on and excel at challenges placed before them.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Motiva Enterprises (View Most Recent)

A good start, but not a long term job

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Port Arthur, TX
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Port Arthur, TX

I have been working at Motiva Enterprises

Pros

The salary is really the only advantage. Since they are owned by Shell, they pay like a major oil company does. Bonuses are on the range of 10% of your base salary.

Cons

Port Arthur is a less than ideal place to live, much less bring a family to. Management is very reluctant to transfer you out of Port Arthur to a job with Shell after they promise to do so after a 3-4 year tenure. There is little emphasis on proactive or technical planning; the technology used and emphasized is 1980s vintage at best. Engineers are told to give "hipshot" explanations of unit problems rather than diagnosing them using data and mathematics.

The culture needs to change. Management needs to emphasize practical, logical decisions and not get bogged down with out-of-date work processes and tradition.

Process Engineer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norco, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norco, LA

I have been working at Motiva Enterprises

Pros

Motiva provides lots of opportunities to accomplish work at a self guided pace, without management constantly second guessing you, and micro managing you. Motiva also has satisfactory benefits.

Cons

Leadership at the gulf coast level does not have core values that are consistent with what Shell broadcasts at a global level.

Management allows the union to strong arm their way to get their demands. Also the company is too soft on their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Motiva Enterprises