There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

I found a family here.

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great collegial atmosphere. Top-notch workplace from a full-life perspective. People here care about the mission, the challenge, and each other. The atmosphere is laid back, but the people always strive to improve.

Cons

Sometimes the office can get a little chaotic, and communication in the office could be improved. Org changes tend to happen quickly, and can sometimes be a surprise.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

One of the best places to work in the United States today

I have been working at Motley Fool

Pros

*unlimited upside for the business
    *a "Foolish" management culture which is about servant leadership
    *still early on and still a small company
    *Fast Company articles about collaboration and games at the company, the internal university, unlimited vacation policy, etc. are external validations of long-held internal policies

Cons

*frequent job changes -- don't come in thinking your job description is inscribed in stone -- you likely will be doing more than you thought, or different stuff
    *company expects employees to be self-accountable and take ownership of what they're doing -- this won't work for everyone

Turn more of your internal-facing efforts (Fool U, analyst development program, speakers program) into external-facing efforts that can benefit the membership and create more profit, besides.

A great place to work if you are passionate about serious investing

I have been working at Motley Fool

Pros

This is the type of place you are proud to work in. The culture promotes integrity, hardwork, and has a real sense of humor. There are many perks-- too many to list-- that make this a really great place. We have speaker series (top authors, managers, and investors visit us at least weekly), clubs, free gym memberships, healthy snacks, occassional lunches, etc.

Cons

Pay is not as good as most other investment shops. People are moved around a lot-- physically and from assignment to assignment.

Stay focused on what we do best.

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

Worked for Motley Fool? Contribute to the Community!