There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

Best internship experience you can ask for

Former Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

My internship experience at the Fool was amazing. It involved very rewarding work in an absolutely amazing atmosphere. Even as an intern you are given meaningful work and able to contribute to the company. I feel like I was able to make a lasting impression at the Fool.

Cons

My time at the Fool was too short, which is at the top of my short list of complaints. At times it seemed unorganized, but everything worked out in the end!

104 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

The Motley Fool is the bee's knees

Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

-It is awesome to work with so many extremely smart and talented people. A benefit of this is the tremendous amount of trust and mutual respect among coworkers.
    -We have an incredible mission that is easy to be passionate about and it makes the work we do seem very noble and righteous.
    -Our benefits listed on our culture blog pretty much speak for themselves...unlimited PTO, flexible work schedule, in-office massuise and chiropractor, and so many other things make working here a blast.

Cons

-It is easy to gain weight from all of the free food/drinks. Be wary of the "foolish 15".
    -Sometimes there are way too many fun things going on during periods of time when we are really busy and it activates my FOMO and stresses me out.
    -I sometimes wonder why I'm being paid, because I have so much fun at work.
    -There really isn't a very obvious or defined career path for people to take in order to get themselves promoted and moving up the corporate ladder. Everyone recognizes this though, so I assume we are working hard to fix it in some foolish and clever way.

Ensure that we are growing in a sustainable way and at the right pace so that our growth doesn't change who we are fundamentally as a company.

Foolishly awesome

Former Employee - Intern in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Intern in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

great culture, amazing people, fun atmosphere

Cons

Pay not as competitive as other finance firms

Continue winning culture, but focus on returns rather than just starting new products. Don't let temptation to grow revenues and products affect performance

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool