Beats Disney in the Happiest Place on Earth category

Former Intern - Editor in Alexandria, VA
Former Intern - Editor in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Encompasing work environment, people love what they do, they rely on self-motivation, everyone is ready to help. They know the importance between work-life balance and rely on respecting that to motivate and retain employees.

Cons

It can be a little clicqui, the career opportunities are not as available mainly because people won't leave because they love it so much. Their spending on culture development is too high for my taste, but it is something they are very proud of.

Oct 24, 2014

That is high praise! Thanks for your comments. It’s true, we are proud of our culture and leadership development, and we continue to invest heavily in those areas because we firmly believe they are ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best internship experience you can ask for

Former Intern - Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Former Intern - Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My internship experience at the Fool was amazing. It involved very rewarding work in an absolutely amazing atmosphere. Even as an intern you are given meaningful work and able to contribute to the company. I feel like I was able to make a lasting impression at the Fool.

Cons

My time at the Fool was too short, which is at the top of my short list of complaints. At times it seemed unorganized, but everything worked out in the end!

Oct 31, 2014

Thanks so much for sharing with us. We want our interns to have the most valuable experiences possible. So glad to know your time with us was productive and meaningful!

2. The Motley Fool is the bee's knees

Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

-It is awesome to work with so many extremely smart and talented people. A benefit of this is the tremendous amount of trust and mutual respect among coworkers.
    -We have an incredible mission that is easy to be passionate about and it makes the work we do seem very noble and righteous.
    -Our benefits listed on our culture blog pretty much speak for themselves...unlimited PTO, flexible work schedule, in-office massuise and chiropractor, and so many other things make working here a blast.

Cons

-It is easy to gain weight from all of the free food/drinks. Be wary of the "foolish 15".
    -Sometimes there are way too many fun things going on during periods of time when we are really busy and it activates my FOMO and stresses me out.
    -I sometimes wonder why I'm being paid, because I have so much fun at work.
    -There really isn't a very obvious or defined career path for people to take in order to get themselves promoted and moving up the corporate ladder. Everyone recognizes this though, so I assume we are working hard to fix it in some foolish and clever way.

Advice to Management

Ensure that we are growing in a sustainable way and at the right pace so that our growth doesn't change who we are fundamentally as a company.

Oct 31, 2014

We’re excited that you’re taking advantage of our benefits! We think the combination of a truly meaningful purpose, talented Fools and a great culture really can change the definition of “work ... More