There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

A place to work so great, it will spoil you!

Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, great culture, and amazing benefits are all reasons to love the Fool, but I love that the Fool promotes innovation, contrary views on myriad topics, and autonomy in everyday work. When I go on vacation, I miss the Fools that I work with, and when can you say that about a place of work? I also love that the Fool promotes working hard as well as enjoying your time away from the office.

Cons

Next steps in your career aren't always laid out, but that can be a great thing, too, because you can find your own path!

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks for mentioning our commitment to innovation and autonomy for our Fools. We think both of those greatly contribute to your last point about working hard, and also knowing when it’s time to take ... More

104 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

I still have to pinch myself when I wake up...

Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Managers listen to feedback.
    -Constantly asked for feedback and tend to get some form of action on that feedback.
    -Coworkers are the friendliest and most thankful I've ever worked with.
    -I actually feel appreciated at my job.

Cons

-No Amp Energy drinks in the soda machines!

Keep it up! :)

Oct 24, 2014

Sounds like aside from the energy drinks, we’re doing pretty well! Thanks for calling out feedback. It’s vital to our culture and we’re always aiming to make it as timely and effective as possible.

All the glitters isn't necessarily gold.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are beyond what other companies offer. The company seems to live up to most of its core values. Having tenure can increase professional possibilities. Professional growth is imminent.

Cons

Not all departments are treated fairly. Job duties can change at a moments notice without any collaboration with team, which is a core value. Financial/stock market uncertainties leads to desperate and aggressive changes in order to sustain membership. Keep the core value 'honest' at bay.

Trust your employees and cease the micro-managing. Management here are simply managers not leaders. They know how to get things done but not necessarily the right way. Genuine leadership are suppose to inspire and enhance the heart, which has been replaced by fear and triviality .

Oct 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are always looking for ways to provide great benefits in conjunction with our trust in our dedicated and passionate employees. It’s true ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool