Motley Fool

www.fool.com
  www.fool.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

A place to work so great, it will spoil you!

Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, great culture, and amazing benefits are all reasons to love the Fool, but I love that the Fool promotes innovation, contrary views on myriad topics, and autonomy in everyday work. When I go on vacation, I miss the Fools that I work with, and when can you say that about a place of work? I also love that the Fool promotes working hard as well as enjoying your time away from the office.

Cons

Next steps in your career aren't always laid out, but that can be a great thing, too, because you can find your own path!

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks for mentioning our commitment to innovation and autonomy for our Fools. We think both of those greatly contribute to your last point about working hard, and also knowing when it’s time to take ... More

109 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

All the glitters isn't necessarily gold.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are beyond what other companies offer. The company seems to live up to most of its core values. Having tenure can increase professional possibilities. Professional growth is imminent.

Cons

Not all departments are treated fairly. Job duties can change at a moments notice without any collaboration with team, which is a core value. Financial/stock market uncertainties leads to desperate and aggressive changes in order to sustain membership. Keep the core value 'honest' at bay.

Trust your employees and cease the micro-managing. Management here are simply managers not leaders. They know how to get things done but not necessarily the right way. Genuine leadership are suppose to inspire and enhance the heart, which has been replaced by fear and triviality .

Oct 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are always looking for ways to provide great benefits in conjunction with our trust in our dedicated and passionate employees. It’s true ... More

Love who I work with

Current Employee - Assistant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you have an opinion, there are ample opportunities to let it be known. They have information sessions quite often that allow you to think about new or current business strategies and ways to improve our business. But most of all, they have the knack for work/family balance. "Ask, and you shall receive" is how I feel around here when it comes to what you need for your family. As long as you are doing a great job.

Cons

At times, they have strategies that are overblown and fail. I am sure this is for every company on the face of the planet.

Keep testing new and current strategies to ensure they are in line with our purpose and values.

Oct 24, 2014

It’s very rewarding to read your comments about work/family balance, as well as the feeling that your opinions are welcome. We work very hard to create an atmosphere that is receptive to ideas and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool