Motley Fool

www.fool.com
  www.fool.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

Out of this world atmosphere!

I worked at Motley Fool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Truly a unique culture; one without politics, empire building, finger pointing and a CYA mentality. The founders embody the core values of the organization as do 99% of the employees. IMO, the company cares about its employees and the founders took a personal interest in each and every one of their employees. I left over 10 years ago and still correspond with many of the Fools I worked with. I found it to be more than a job or part of my career. Working at The Fool, was a way of life. I was saddened to leave when I did, but the company treated me with nothing but the utmost respect as I exited.

I went to work in traditional Corporate America subsequent to leaving the Fool. I have found my experience to be quite different. Dealing with the corporate hierarchy was a challenge after being so spoiled.

Cons

At the time, the business was disorganized. It lacked the necessary rigor to be a successful business e.g. no budgets, a lack of integration between teams. My understanding is that the organization is much more focused now and has matured. They have found the balance of structure versus entrepreneurialism.

Compensation at the time was also a struggle. The Fool was not a market leader and employees sacrificed financial compensation for other factors. This could be a long term challenge.

You stay classy Motley Fool! My experience there was one of the most rewarding of my career. While I am sure much has changed, I am certain you are staying true to your core values.

Oct 24, 2014

So great - and hugely humbling - to read this. Thank you so much for this review. You mention how the company and our founders care deeply about Fool employees, and it’s a message we articulate every ... More

104 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

What most other companies only aspire to.

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

TMF cares as much about their employees and they do about their customers, which makes both groups happier. Great work/life balance, excellent benefits, approachable execs.

Cons

Things happen fast and change often, so you best not turn your head.

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks for mentioning our benefits and work/life balance; we place a very high value on both of those. We also appreciate the mention of approachable leaders - we think that’s a tremendous benefit ... More

Sometimes I'm so excited about what I'm doing at work the next day, that I can't fall asleep!

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. Awesome people
    2. Great development programs
    3. Good pay

Cons

1. Your spouse will be jealous.
    2. Flat structure makes it appear like there is little opportunity --blaze your own path.

Oct 24, 2014

That review title rules! Thank you so much. We definitely don’t want to cause any marital rifts, but hey, we’re proud of our culture and benefits! “Blaze your own path” is right on. We want Fools to ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool