Motley Fool
www.fool.com Alexandria, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Out of this world atmosphere!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTruly a unique culture; one without politics, empire building, finger pointing and a CYA mentality. The founders embody the core values of the organization as do 99% of the employees. IMO, the company cares about its employees and the founders took a personal interest in each and every one of their employees. I left over 10 years ago and still correspond with many of the Fools I worked with. I found it to be more than a job or part of my career. Working at The Fool, was a way of life. I was saddened to leave when I did, but the company treated me with nothing but the utmost respect as I exited.

I went to work in traditional Corporate America subsequent to leaving the Fool. I have found my experience to be quite different. Dealing with the corporate hierarchy was a challenge after being so spoiled.

ConsAt the time, the business was disorganized. It lacked the necessary rigor to be a successful business e.g. no budgets, a lack of integration between teams. My understanding is that the organization is much more focused now and has matured. They have found the balance of structure versus entrepreneurialism.

Compensation at the time was also a struggle. The Fool was not a market leader and employees sacrificed financial compensation for other factors. This could be a long term challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou stay classy Motley Fool! My experience there was one of the most rewarding of my career. While I am sure much has changed, I am certain you are staying true to your core values.

Not the same Motley Fool

I have been working at Motley Fool

Pros: Best benefits ever. Very generous healthcare plan - you'll never have to worry about anything. Peers… Cons: Commuting to Old Town is miserable, so unless you live in Arlington, DC, or Alexandria expect a rough ride. Tech tends are not based… Advice to Senior Management: Take note of the toxic environment that has developed in the last year. Tom and Dave are still the… More

What most other companies only aspire to.

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros: TMF cares as much about their employees and they do about their… Cons: Things happen fast and change often, so you best not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Motley Fool.

Worked for Motley Fool? Contribute to the Community!

Motley Fool – Why Work for Us?

Founded in 1993 in Alexandria, VA., by brothers David and Tom Gardner, The Motley Fool is a multimedia financial-services company dedicated to building the world's greatest investment community. Reaching millions of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motley Fool reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motley Fool CEO Tom Gardner. All reviews posted anonymously by Motley Fool employees.