Motley Fool

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

An OUTSTANDING Place to work. Amazing culture and great business mission

Former Employee - Director of Organization Development in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Director of Organization Development in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people and the culture are great. Lots of really smart, passionate people who believe in the mission. The Motley Fool is a unique place that is truly built to last. The business model has shifted, but the culture remains the same. Very employee focused.

Cons

I didn't get to wear my Christmas tie even once.

Fool On! and don't ever lose what has made the Motley Fool a special company.

Oct 24, 2014

We’re so proud to be recognized for our the passion of our employees and culture. Thanks for calling this out… and sorry about the tie!

110 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

A place to work so great, it will spoil you!

Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, great culture, and amazing benefits are all reasons to love the Fool, but I love that the Fool promotes innovation, contrary views on myriad topics, and autonomy in everyday work. When I go on vacation, I miss the Fools that I work with, and when can you say that about a place of work? I also love that the Fool promotes working hard as well as enjoying your time away from the office.

Cons

Next steps in your career aren't always laid out, but that can be a great thing, too, because you can find your own path!

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks for mentioning our commitment to innovation and autonomy for our Fools. We think both of those greatly contribute to your last point about working hard, and also knowing when it’s time to take ... More

Love who I work with

Current Employee - Assistant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you have an opinion, there are ample opportunities to let it be known. They have information sessions quite often that allow you to think about new or current business strategies and ways to improve our business. But most of all, they have the knack for work/family balance. "Ask, and you shall receive" is how I feel around here when it comes to what you need for your family. As long as you are doing a great job.

Cons

At times, they have strategies that are overblown and fail. I am sure this is for every company on the face of the planet.

Keep testing new and current strategies to ensure they are in line with our purpose and values.

Oct 24, 2014

It’s very rewarding to read your comments about work/family balance, as well as the feeling that your opinions are welcome. We work very hard to create an atmosphere that is receptive to ideas and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool