Motley Fool

www.fool.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

Happy to be a Fool

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the responsibility and the autonomy. Creative solutions are encouraged and ambitious failures are used as building blocks. It's a supportive office environment, very collegial and friendly, and there's a great esprit de corps. Our top Fools know everyone's name and set a terrific example. Hard work pays off here and high achievers can flourish.

Cons

The pace of growth is hectic and the hours can quickly add up. Reorgs are common (but at least they're done in the spirit of getting the most out of our in-house talent). If you don't love what you do, or you're not interested in business, you may struggle here.

It's a great place to work, but keep checking to make sure people are keeping their heads above water.

Oct 24, 2014

So wonderful to know that you are able to be creative and autonomous in your role. That’s just the way we like it! We have recently added more check ins and coaching opportunities for every Fool to ... More

104 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

I still have to pinch myself when I wake up...

Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Managers listen to feedback.
    -Constantly asked for feedback and tend to get some form of action on that feedback.
    -Coworkers are the friendliest and most thankful I've ever worked with.
    -I actually feel appreciated at my job.

Cons

-No Amp Energy drinks in the soda machines!

Keep it up! :)

Oct 24, 2014

Sounds like aside from the energy drinks, we’re doing pretty well! Thanks for calling out feedback. It’s vital to our culture and we’re always aiming to make it as timely and effective as possible.

All the glitters isn't necessarily gold.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are beyond what other companies offer. The company seems to live up to most of its core values. Having tenure can increase professional possibilities. Professional growth is imminent.

Cons

Not all departments are treated fairly. Job duties can change at a moments notice without any collaboration with team, which is a core value. Financial/stock market uncertainties leads to desperate and aggressive changes in order to sustain membership. Keep the core value 'honest' at bay.

Trust your employees and cease the micro-managing. Management here are simply managers not leaders. They know how to get things done but not necessarily the right way. Genuine leadership are suppose to inspire and enhance the heart, which has been replaced by fear and triviality .

Oct 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are always looking for ways to provide great benefits in conjunction with our trust in our dedicated and passionate employees. It’s true ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool