Motley Fool

www.fool.com
  www.fool.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

My friends are all jealous I work here

Current Employee - Employee in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with brilliant people in a collegial and collaborative atmosphere. There's a culture of innovation and hard work (which is nicely counterbalanced by a culture of fun). You'll have great work/life balance. Senior management/HR concerns themselves with recruiting the best and making sure their careers develop here, instead of enforcing inane blanket policies that make no sense. While most of your moves will be lateral here, there's room to move into roles that suit your talents and passions.

Cons

We as a company tend to focus on the new and shiny, sometimes at the expense of maintaining older projects/products. I think it's something we're continually working on as a group.

Keep up the increasing communication with employees because they really like it!

Oct 24, 2014

We’re so appreciative of your review! Our Recruiting, Culture and People teams are motivated every day to help The Motley Fool live up to its purpose and core values. We hope that our all-company ... More

109 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Financial Editor/Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Editor/Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Culture, people, free food fridge, etc.

Cons

Nothing at all, great employer

Keep it up!

Oct 24, 2014

Cheers! Very glad to know that Fooldom is treating you well! Thanks so much for your review.

Best business education I've ever recieved

Current Employee - Coach in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Coach in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Because of the Fools commitment to transparency and focus on developing it's employees I whole heartily believe that I have learned more here than I could ever have hoped to have absorbed from any MBA program.

Cons

The Fool doesn't suffer fools. This isn't a job you "phone in". If you are not used to bringing your A game to work then this isn't the place for you.

Oct 24, 2014

We have definitely built our culture around “bringing your A game.” And we focus on developing our high performers because through them we can fulfill our purpose of helping the world invest better ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool