There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

Best Place I Have Ever Worked... Ever

Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The People, we call them Fools. Everyone here works together to accomplish The Fool's mission and have some fun while were at it. Plus we have a great office in a great location, did I mention the game room.

Cons

That I have to go home at the end of the day.

Keep it up, the war to balance foolishness & work is an ongoing battle.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

If this is your first job, you're gonna be spoiled for life

Current Employee - Editorial in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Editorial in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You're first and foremost a member - if you're not taking advantage of all the investing brainpower that's all around you then you are missing out on an amazing opportunity. I don't feel like I'm coming to work when I pull into the parking lot in the mornings - I truly enjoy what I do and the people I work with.

Cons

I feel like the company could use a little bit more overall focus - we sometimes get a little distracted by whatever the latest trendy book says.

I hear all the time that it's a "flat" organization - but that's just not true. There's definitely a core group of cool kids that seem to steer the company zeitgeist. Also, your taste in music acts is not all that great - just sayin'.

Happy to be a Fool

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the responsibility and the autonomy. Creative solutions are encouraged and ambitious failures are used as building blocks. It's a supportive office environment, very collegial and friendly, and there's a great esprit de corps. Our top Fools know everyone's name and set a terrific example. Hard work pays off here and high achievers can flourish.

Cons

The pace of growth is hectic and the hours can quickly add up. Reorgs are common (but at least they're done in the spirit of getting the most out of our in-house talent). If you don't love what you do, or you're not interested in business, you may struggle here.

It's a great place to work, but keep checking to make sure people are keeping their heads above water.

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool