Motley Fool

www.fool.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

All the glitters isn't necessarily gold.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are beyond what other companies offer. The company seems to live up to most of its core values. Having tenure can increase professional possibilities. Professional growth is imminent.

Cons

Not all departments are treated fairly. Job duties can change at a moments notice without any collaboration with team, which is a core value. Financial/stock market uncertainties leads to desperate and aggressive changes in order to sustain membership. Keep the core value 'honest' at bay.

Trust your employees and cease the micro-managing. Management here are simply managers not leaders. They know how to get things done but not necessarily the right way. Genuine leadership are suppose to inspire and enhance the heart, which has been replaced by fear and triviality .

Oct 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are always looking for ways to provide great benefits in conjunction with our trust in our dedicated and passionate employees. It’s true ... More

110 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

Best business education I've ever recieved

Current Employee - Coach in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Coach in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Because of the Fools commitment to transparency and focus on developing it's employees I whole heartily believe that I have learned more here than I could ever have hoped to have absorbed from any MBA program.

Cons

The Fool doesn't suffer fools. This isn't a job you "phone in". If you are not used to bringing your A game to work then this isn't the place for you.

Oct 24, 2014

We have definitely built our culture around “bringing your A game.” And we focus on developing our high performers because through them we can fulfill our purpose of helping the world invest better ... More

A place to work so great, it will spoil you!

Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - People Team in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, great culture, and amazing benefits are all reasons to love the Fool, but I love that the Fool promotes innovation, contrary views on myriad topics, and autonomy in everyday work. When I go on vacation, I miss the Fools that I work with, and when can you say that about a place of work? I also love that the Fool promotes working hard as well as enjoying your time away from the office.

Cons

Next steps in your career aren't always laid out, but that can be a great thing, too, because you can find your own path!

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks for mentioning our commitment to innovation and autonomy for our Fools. We think both of those greatly contribute to your last point about working hard, and also knowing when it’s time to take ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool