Not the same Motley Fool

I have been working at Motley Fool

Pros

Best benefits ever. Very generous healthcare plan - you'll never have to worry about anything. Peers aren't catty and genuinely try to help you do your best. Free food from Whole Foods.

Cons

Commuting to Old Town is miserable, so unless you live in Arlington, DC, or Alexandria expect a rough ride. Tech tends are not based on adding value to the company, but are simply based on the Facebook mode of moving fast and breaking things'. To what end, that is not clear. Totally missed an opportunity to create a mobile app because they think the old white guys who use their services really don't have iPads. Taking advice from Board members who insist on a periodic purging of staff. If you voice dissent you will find yourself 'managed out'.

Take note of the toxic environment that has developed in the last year. Tom and Dave are still the greatest guys you'll ever want to work for, but it just feels like they are losing control of the culture.

Other Reviews for Motley Fool

What most other companies only aspire to.

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

TMF cares as much about their employees and they do about their customers, which makes both groups happier. Great work/life balance, excellent benefits, approachable execs.

Cons

Things happen fast and change often, so you best not turn your head.

Sometimes I'm so excited about what I'm doing at work the next day, that I can't fall asleep!

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Awesome people
    2. Great development programs
    3. Good pay

Cons

1. Your spouse will be jealous.
    2. Flat structure makes it appear like there is little opportunity --blaze your own path.

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool.

Worked for Motley Fool? Contribute to the Community!