Motley Fool

www.fool.com
  www.fool.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

I still have to pinch myself when I wake up...

Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Managers listen to feedback.
-Constantly asked for feedback and tend to get some form of action on that feedback.
-Coworkers are the friendliest and most thankful I've ever worked with.
-I actually feel appreciated at my job.

Cons

-No Amp Energy drinks in the soda machines!

Keep it up! :)

Oct 24, 2014

Sounds like aside from the energy drinks, we’re doing pretty well! Thanks for calling out feedback. It’s vital to our culture and we’re always aiming to make it as timely and effective as possible.

110 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

All the glitters isn't necessarily gold.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are beyond what other companies offer. The company seems to live up to most of its core values. Having tenure can increase professional possibilities. Professional growth is imminent.

Cons

Not all departments are treated fairly. Job duties can change at a moments notice without any collaboration with team, which is a core value. Financial/stock market uncertainties leads to desperate and aggressive changes in order to sustain membership. Keep the core value 'honest' at bay.

Trust your employees and cease the micro-managing. Management here are simply managers not leaders. They know how to get things done but not necessarily the right way. Genuine leadership are suppose to inspire and enhance the heart, which has been replaced by fear and triviality .

Oct 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are always looking for ways to provide great benefits in conjunction with our trust in our dedicated and passionate employees. It’s true ... More

Best business education I've ever recieved

Current Employee - Coach in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Coach in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Because of the Fools commitment to transparency and focus on developing it's employees I whole heartily believe that I have learned more here than I could ever have hoped to have absorbed from any MBA program.

Cons

The Fool doesn't suffer fools. This isn't a job you "phone in". If you are not used to bringing your A game to work then this isn't the place for you.

Oct 24, 2014

We have definitely built our culture around “bringing your A game.” And we focus on developing our high performers because through them we can fulfill our purpose of helping the world invest better ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool