There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

I still have to pinch myself when I wake up...

Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - LAN Sanitation Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Managers listen to feedback. -Constantly asked for feedback and tend to get some form of action on that feedback. -Coworkers are the friendliest and most thankful I've ever worked with. -I actually feel appreciated at my job.

Cons

-No Amp Energy drinks in the soda machines!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! :)

Oct 24, 2014

Sounds like aside from the energy drinks, we’re doing pretty well! Thanks for calling out feedback. It’s vital to our culture and we’re always aiming to make it as timely and effective as possible.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. If this is your first job, you're gonna be spoiled for life

Current Employee - Editorial in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Editorial in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You're first and foremost a member - if you're not taking advantage of all the investing brainpower that's all around you then you are missing out on an amazing opportunity. I don't feel like I'm coming to work when I pull into the parking lot in the mornings - I truly enjoy what I do and the people I work with.

Cons

I feel like the company could use a little bit more overall focus - we sometimes get a little distracted by whatever the latest trendy book says.

Advice to Management

I hear all the time that it's a "flat" organization - but that's just not true. There's definitely a core group of cool kids that seem to steer the company zeitgeist. Also, your taste in music acts is not all that great - just sayin'.

Oct 24, 2014

That’s a great line - “I don’t feel like I’m coming to work when I pull into the parking lot in the mornings.” We want all Fools to feel that way, and our culture is definitely oriented around ... More

2. Happy to be a Fool

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the responsibility and the autonomy. Creative solutions are encouraged and ambitious failures are used as building blocks. It's a supportive office environment, very collegial and friendly, and there's a great esprit de corps. Our top Fools know everyone's name and set a terrific example. Hard work pays off here and high achievers can flourish.

Cons

The pace of growth is hectic and the hours can quickly add up. Reorgs are common (but at least they're done in the spirit of getting the most out of our in-house talent). If you don't love what you do, or you're not interested in business, you may struggle here.

Advice to Management

It's a great place to work, but keep checking to make sure people are keeping their heads above water.

Oct 24, 2014

So wonderful to know that you are able to be creative and autonomous in your role. That’s just the way we like it! We have recently added more check ins and coaching opportunities for every Fool to ... More