Motley Fool

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

Great place to work

Current Employee - Developer in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Developer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a great environment to solve problems. The management really cares about it's employees and the benefits show that.

Cons

There's a lot of dead weight. Turnover is very low because it's a great place to work. Management, seemingly, gets attached to employees that have either outlasted their value or were never valuable to begin with. This demotivates "high-performers" and makes it difficult to hire and retain quality employees.

Netflix, steal their ideas. Fire people that don't perform 20% above the mean.

Oct 24, 2014

We absolutely think of ourselves as a group of dedicated people who collaborate to solve problems for our members. Thanks for recognizing us! We have reviewed our policies and spend more time than ... More

109 Other Employee Reviews for Motley Fool (View Most Recent)

Great

I have been working at Motley Fool

Pros

A fun atmosphere, with lots of smart, fun colleagues. Intellectually stimulating, with guest speakers, more. Generous benefits.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks so much for your review! We’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying the benefits, atmosphere and stimulation from collaborating with Fools!

My friends are all jealous I work here

Current Employee - Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with brilliant people in a collegial and collaborative atmosphere. There's a culture of innovation and hard work (which is nicely counterbalanced by a culture of fun). You'll have great work/life balance. Senior management/HR concerns themselves with recruiting the best and making sure their careers develop here, instead of enforcing inane blanket policies that make no sense. While most of your moves will be lateral here, there's room to move into roles that suit your talents and passions.

Cons

We as a company tend to focus on the new and shiny, sometimes at the expense of maintaining older projects/products. I think it's something we're continually working on as a group.

Keep up the increasing communication with employees because they really like it!

Oct 24, 2014

We’re so appreciative of your review! Our Recruiting, Culture and People teams are motivated every day to help The Motley Fool live up to its purpose and core values. We hope that our all-company ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool