There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

Simply amazing. There is no place like it!

Former Employee - Human Resources in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Human Resources in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Motley Fool full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To have a company be so progressive in how they treat their employees - and having been that way from the beginning, for 20 years - is simply amazing. The executive team does things right, not only for employees but also members, and the people that work at The Fool are all extremely smart, kind, and entrepreneurial. Of course all of the perks and the work life balance is great, but that doesn't hold a candle to doing what you love with a group of people you love and moving together toward a mission you believe in. It's a positive and enjoyable place that really is like no other place to work that I've come across - ever. It's a rare gem.

Cons

While Alexandria and the surrounding DC areas are great, I would love if they had offices throughout the US. Other than that, I can't say enough great things about the workplace, the people, the executive team, and their mission/purpose.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep that great culture in tact, no matter what.

Oct 31, 2014

We are so flattered - thank you for the review! Your mention of “doing what you love with a group of people you love and moving together toward a mission you believe in” wonderfully captures what ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Pretty amazing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really like the challenging and stimulating work, as well as the accommodating vacation policy. Especially enjoy the interaction with our customers. I like that management wants you to work where your strengths lie and where you're most comfortable.

Cons

People change teams and roles and it's sometimes hard to keep track of who is the best person to talk to on a particular topic. Advancement can be slow.

Oct 31, 2014

Your comment about strengths is very meaningful to us. Our People Team works closely with Fools to understand their strengths and actively looks for ways to move them into a role where those ... More

2. Great for freelancers

Current Employee - Freelancer
    Current Employee - Freelancer

I have been working at Motley Fool

Pros

Site allows potential writers easy access to CMS and resources, which is really useful when starting out. There is a lot of information on writing and sources. Editors respond in a timely manner with useful and constructive feedback. They are very interested in publishing posts written from many points of view; if you make a compelling argument, it's fair game.

Cons

Impossible for a freelancer to know how many other people are working on a post on the same company(ies) or topic. Other than that, no real cons.

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks for your review! We’re definitely looking for lots of viewpoints. Great to know that your interaction with editors has been positive. Thanks for being a Fool!