Motorola Mobility

www.motorola.com
  www.motorola.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility

Was a rocky ride, but no regrets as future does look pretty good.

Former Employee - Post Sales Support in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Post Sales Support in Chicago, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Google take over should take company in the right direction as new senior management team does seem to have a solid vision for the future of the company.

Cons

Lay offs 9 out of 12 years, made for a tough working environment. Company was top heavy but Google seems to be taking care of this issue.

Not a good idea to force employees to have "face time" unless you actually take time to get to know individual employees and their talents.

1537 Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Mobility (View Most Recent)

Continuous Uncertanty

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer/Architect in Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer/Architect in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large corporation with many challenges and opportunities to network and grow. Also very good benefits including but not limited to, on premises health club, health care, 401K with matching, employee stock plan, bonuses.

Cons

Management has no direction and feel very reactive. Many felt that this was similar in many areas of the company. That added with the continued uncertainty of the constant mass lay-offs over the past 10+ years made for a stressful environment that almost encouraged a non-cooperative environment in which most everyone's morale was extremely poor. Now mind that I am also one of the few who has not been laid off. I can only imagine the view from that side of the fence.

Create a culture that the employees want to be part of and be a company that the employees can trust again.

Going down the tubes fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- decent salary to start off, but raises aren't very forthcoming or very high...unless you happen to be a senior executive
    - work load isn't too bad
    - benefits are decent

Cons

- new management is making rash decisions without caring about consequences, leaving everyone else to clean up their mess
    - money is being thrown around on trivial things (moving offices, remodelling) while travel and training are still hard to get approved
    - very difficult to move up the chain
    - raise/bonus are trivial unless you are senior level

Stop lieing to our faces and tell us the truth. Start treating us like human beings. Stop running this company in to the ground.

There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility