Motorola Mobility

www.motorola.com

Smart people; Generous benefits; Good personal growth opportunities; but lately management seems to have lost its way.

Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff (Former Employee) Plantation, FL

ProsMost of the people I have dealt with have been extremely smart and always willing to help. As time went on, the culture did become more open - both in the sense of internal communications and in the sense of being open to significant, radical changes from their conservative norms of the past. Benefits and pay were really good (though the benefits have been gradually curtailed over the past several years), good bonuses / stock options have been provided based on performance.

ConsFor a long time, the company had been extremely conservative in terms of senior leadership vision. That changed about 4 years ago; unfortunately the changes came way too slowly to make a significant impact on earnings. Company has been in a "death spiral" of continuous cutbacks, layoffs, and closings - and although some products have been modest hits, they have just not been able to capitalize on innovations quickly enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your end-users (customers), rather than relying solely on your carrier partners, to avoid lagging behind in technology and costs. Continue to be honest with your employees by sharing company plans and strategy.

Company is going through lots of Changes

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Libertyville, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good payment compensation, health ,insurance,awesome healthclub,childcare if needed.. Cons: Company merger=downsized,,,Initially this is a con but may help this… Advice to Senior Management: We know your working hard. Good Luck with the GOOGLE… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Motorola provides a dynamic fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities based on evolving business plans.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Libertyville, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than a year

Pros: The talent pool of coworkers at Motorola was a major contributing factor… Cons: The most significant downside to working at Motorola is the work/life balance issue. When you are engaged with global development teams, 10 to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!