Great place to work if you can stay out of the politics

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Libertyville, IL
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The engineering staff is great and very helpful.

Cons

The politics within the senior management team can make it difficult to bring new ideas to the table.

Listen to the engineers and the customers.

Other Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Going down the tubes fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- decent salary to start off, but raises aren't very forthcoming or very high...unless you happen to be a senior executive
    - work load isn't too bad
    - benefits are decent

Cons

- new management is making rash decisions without caring about consequences, leaving everyone else to clean up their mess
    - money is being thrown around on trivial things (moving offices, remodelling) while travel and training are still hard to get approved
    - very difficult to move up the chain
    - raise/bonus are trivial unless you are senior level

Stop lieing to our faces and tell us the truth. Start treating us like human beings. Stop running this company in to the ground.

Continuous Uncertanty

Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer/Architect  in  Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Information Systems Engineer/Architect in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large corporation with many challenges and opportunities to network and grow. Also very good benefits including but not limited to, on premises health club, health care, 401K with matching, employee stock plan, bonuses.

Cons

Management has no direction and feel very reactive. Many felt that this was similar in many areas of the company. That added with the continued uncertainty of the constant mass lay-offs over the past 10+ years made for a stressful environment that almost encouraged a non-cooperative environment in which most everyone's morale was extremely poor. Now mind that I am also one of the few who has not been laid off. I can only imagine the view from that side of the fence.

Create a culture that the employees want to be part of and be a company that the employees can trust again.

There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!