Motorola Mobility
3.1 of 5 1,466 reviews
www.motorola.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Downsizing company with no vision

Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
Marlborough, MA

Pros1. Cutting edge technology.
2. H1B sponsor.

Cons1. Continuous downsizing kills the morale and hopes in the company's vision.
2. The Top level management does not care about employees concerns. Those who raise their voice during a performance appraisal are those to be let go when a company restructuring is done and this happens every year because of shrinking profit margin and lack of proper vision.
3. No recognition for innovation disclosures and publications.
4. The entire company is in such a mess that it is a ticking time bomb ready to explode.
5. Ask any employee of Motorola (above 10+ years) of experience. They will tell you how frustrated they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher level management should own the responsibility in lack of vision and focus in meeting their goals and should not cut back on hard working resources who are committed to the employer for a very long time.

Highly volatile company

Senior Research Engineer (Former Employee)
    Libertyville, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Focus on research and innovation, particularly forward-looking company in a challenging industry.… Cons: Company underwent many changes (Company split, then Google took over). As a result, management quality deteriorated. Job security was never great, but has dropped… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work if you can stay out of the politics

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The engineering staff is great and very helpful. Cons: The politics within the senior management team can make it… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the engineers and the customers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motorola Mobility CEO Rick Osterloh. All reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees.