Motorola Mobility
3.1 of 5 1,429 reviews
www.motorola.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Great place to work for family-oriented workers

Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFor most part, people are very easy going at least in my department. There is a strong sense of family at Motorola. I've seen people leave and return on multiple occasions because the work environment is very balanced. I think many people stay because it's family friendly with reasonable work hours.

ConsI think a main problem is that the previous senior leadership was very disorganized so projects would be created and then discarded at a moment's notice. You could spend months on a product and then it would get cancelled at the last minute. I can see why Motorola eventually ended up being sold to Google because they could not be self-sustain with the products they sold on the marketplace.

Pay and benefits are average compared to other companies in the valley. This makes it hard to attract top-talent or keep good employees around for long periods of time.

At least in my department there isn't any room for growth. It's very flat hierarchy with too many managers in the department. Google worked to flatten the layers of bureaucracy but in doing so made it impossible for growth in the company.

Land of missed opportunities

Director (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lot of talented engineers who worked very hard Cons: Bosses higher up who did not have a vision and… Advice to Senior Management: Believe in what you do rather than changing the story… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very good, positive experience in Horsham PA

Manager (Former Employee)
Horsham, PA

I worked at Motorola Mobility for more than 8 years

Pros: Very entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative attitude Cons: always a takeover target, making long range planning difficult Advice to Senior Management: value the talent there in Horsham Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motorola Mobility CEO Rick Osterloh. All reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees.