There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility

There are pros but so many cons...

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can tell there was a time when this was a great company to work for. Valued its employees, compensated them well, had a good culture. When I first started there, I had a lot of fun and worked hard but never resented the effort put into my job because it all seemed worth it.

Cons

Over the past few years, it's been on the decline but the buyout by G really pounded the last nail into the coffin. Things fell apart, the acquisition was handled clumsily and with an "I'll just ignore what I don't like and it'll go away" approach, and people were treated like nameless assets instead of human beings.

Advice to Management

You have nothing without good people. Figure out how to show that you value the ones who are doing all the work.

Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Mobility

1. Continuous force reduction

Pros

Really smart engineers and nice people

Cons

Very low morale due to continuous force reduction

Advice to Management

Management needs to give people some job security or no one will want to work here.

2. Senior software engineer working in San Diego product team

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Just an entrance to wireless market.

Cons

I have worked there under old CEO Before merging with google. Expected to be available to work 7/24. Dealt with manager's unreasonable high expectations. Worked under pressure and stress without any appreciation. All 4-5 years dealt with stress of next quarter layoff. This layoff was a tool in manager hands to make us work 7/24. 80% of managers and directors whom I work with didn't really care about their employee. They always push you to make work more.

Advice to Management

Motorola have had smart employee whom worked under weak management. Management means smartly plan long term and short term goals, managing, leading and motivating not runing around and PUSHING.