There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility

There are pros but so many cons...

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can tell there was a time when this was a great company to work for. Valued its employees, compensated them well, had a good culture. When I first started there, I had a lot of fun and worked hard but never resented the effort put into my job because it all seemed worth it.

Cons

Over the past few years, it's been on the decline but the buyout by G really pounded the last nail into the coffin. Things fell apart, the acquisition was handled clumsily and with an "I'll just ignore what I don't like and it'll go away" approach, and people were treated like nameless assets instead of human beings.

You have nothing without good people. Figure out how to show that you value the ones who are doing all the work.

1502 Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Mobility (View Most Recent)

Good intentions, stuck in the past.

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time

Pros

Good strong presence with large stable companies in extremely stable markets.

Cons

Unwilling to face the changes on the horizon. Hoping to continue to do business the "old school" way.

None.

Had A Good Run Until the Big G Took Over

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer  in  Libertyville, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Exciting to develop leading edge Android smartphones. Intelligent, hard working coworkers. Good benefits.

Cons

The cellular industry as a while is a roller coaster ride. Good years were like winning the lottery in terms of bonuses and morale. Bad years were times of big layoffs and working lots of overtime to survive.

If Motorola Mobility was still independent, there would be something to say. But all the senior leadership was let go by Google, so who knows what's next?

There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!