Motorola Mobility

www.motorola.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility

Once a technology giant, relegated to the dustbin

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros

Great benefits. Interesting work, at times. Job security.

Cons

Big, lumbering company. Lots of process, that doesn't seem to have much effect on making a quality product. Poor performance by Mobile group has lead to poor bonuses, delays in raises, layoffs, even in other divisions. Little funding for R&D, only concern is short-term revenue. Not enough people to get things done. Can't fill the spots just from attrition, let alone to grow a team. Unfortunately I couldnt think of any more positives, and I need to get to 100 words, so I'm just going to type a few more things here. There.

Hurry up and spin off Mobile Devices.

1554 Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Mobility (View Most Recent)

Motorola deserves a genuine ignominious failure.

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros

if any...in motorola you work in a truly international environment and you have the possibility to work with people from any culture.

Cons

Excessive workload and heavy overtime work, heavy and good work never recognized, very small opportunity of career development, poor training on techincal subjects, bad salary.

Review all the organization starting from the top of the pyramid, taking particular care of the top-middle levels. "do more with less" shouldn't mean that someone gains a lot doing nothing while someone else is doing a lot gaining nothing seeing all the good work wasted due to a bad process.

Nice Environment, but Wrong People

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros

Reasonable work expectations. Nice work/life balance possible. Reasonable compensation.

Cons

Products not on par with competitiion. Same general mistakes being made over and over. Simple business oppourtunities are skipped over because of "Institutionalized Beliefs" ("Noboday wants a touch screen"). Very slow to change and very slow to recognize the need for change. Non-technical people are put into key positions of developing products.

High tech devices can only be developed by high-tech people. If someone makes the statement of "All I use my phone for is calling people" then that person should not be in charge of producing/developing/managing the next feature rich multi-media product. Start selecting people for positions based on their life-interests. Someone who lives and breaths baseball scores belongs in sales, someone who lives and breaths technology belongs in development.

There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility