Motorola Mobility
3.1 of 5 1,466 reviews
www.motorola.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Principal software engineer

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsCoworkers and managers are easy to get along. Some projects are really fun to work on. Moreover, with fewer product portfolio, and with more focus on key products, the quality of the products will have significant improvement. The management structure is flatten a bit with the new CEO.

ConsCompany internal bureaucratic and politics limit the effectiveness of cross department collaborations? Also, several rounds of layoff has some really negative effects on employees to the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on end user experience

Losing Direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Motorola Mobility

Pros: Have some very good people working there. Cons: Not sure what direction is heading More

Risk adverse company who held on to long to a failed strategy. Confused repetition in execution as efficiency.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Motorola Mobility

Pros: Expends a great deal of energy into producing a quality… Cons: Risk adverse to changing the playbook resulted in poor execution. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motorola Mobility CEO Rick Osterloh. All reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees.