Mechanical Internship

Current Employee - Intern in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Intern in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros

The people I work with are very willing to take time out of their day to answer the many questions I have. As an intern, I am kept busy with multiple projects, which is more than I can say for other internships. Paid time off is very flexible and a nice perk for being a Motorola intern.

Cons

Communication of deadlines is sometimes vague. The may be partially attributed to the fact that the work I complete isn't very high priority. I'd prefer more week to week feedback on the projects I'm working on.

Advice to Management

I think my manager should be more involved in the work I do. That would help to boost my motivation ans spur more creative/higher quality work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Once was a great company, but now no more

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros

The co-workers are phenomenal. Many years ago when I started with the company I met some people there that almost 15 years later I am still friends with. In smaller groups you have a better chance of learning and mastering new things that you might not get a chance to do in a bigger group.
    The company overall has been great to me in giving me opportunities and allowing me to grow professionaly from a young age. But again, all good things must come to an end.

Cons

The downsides came towards the end of my career there. Their management lacked focus both within their groups for projects as well as towards their employees. How far you got because more of a matter of who you knew and not what you new. Definetly allot of politcs was happening in the last few years of me being there.

Advice to Management

Some pieces of advice would be to allow the employees the freedom to be creative and help make the company what it once was. A second piece of advice would be to give less importance to managing and more importance to being leaders that employees can follow their example.
    That is not the case right now. Very very few people want to immulate their managers.

2. Behind the times

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros

Established organization. Chance to advance

Cons

Behind on technology. Gives dealerships away to anyone who asks. Sales people cannot make a living anymore.

Advice to Management

Look at your competition. Don't saturate the market with dealers. It drives the price down and no one can make a living.