Motorola Mobility
3.1 of 5 1,431 reviews
www.motorola.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Motorola Mobility LLC

IT Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGoogle has started to instill some of it's culture into Motorola, which isn't a bad thing. Teams are being challenged to reduce process, eliminate waste, and focus on executing what matters. The overall direction makes sense but it's hard to know if what's being communicated is truly is direction that Google is taking the company.

ConsSince the acquisition, Google has done multiple rounds of layoffs and morale is low. There is an emerging "us versus them" culture as more Googlers are being brought into the business. There is also still a lot of uncertainty about the future of the company after years of eroding market share and poor financials.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore needs to be done to retain good people and weed out non-performers. Also, internal advancement below the senior leadership level is non-existent and has been that way for years.

Let go after 14 years...

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Libertyville, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Able to work from home, set own hours. Cons: Poor pay, bonus, no chance for advancement. Annual reviews are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Opportunities for those who perform are available.

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The technology and challenges are great attractions Cons: Those who don't embrace change will not like the culture. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motorola Mobility CEO Rick Osterloh. All reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees.