There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility

good team work, learn a lot.

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Motorola Mobility as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

good communication with developers and QA. well-organized in the company. active in using new tech. good company culture .

Cons

There is global team in world, coordination seem to be a problem. also make mistakes from that. seem freezed after brought by Google.

Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Mobility

1. Five Year Employment at Motorola Mobility

Former Employee - NPI Supply Chain Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - NPI Supply Chain Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a Program Manager for Networked Video Infrastructure Solution products in the Motorola Home business my 5 year employment was one of the finest experiences of my career. The one thing I always appreciated was the way different departments work together to form cohesive teams.

Cons

Since the Motorola Home business was sold to ARRIS a major reduction in workforce took place. Unfortunately I was part of that reduction however I am currently pursuing openings at Motorola Mobility.

A new company reborn

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Libertyville, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great technology company with a long history of innovation in cellular technology. Teams are very passionate about their products and are some of the hardest working engineers I know. The talent is very deep and experienced. The recent purchase by Google will fundamentally change the company from an 1990s company to the more modern age, albeit as a much smaller entitiy

Cons

Management has been slow to keep up with technology trends, until recently when the entire company was split up and purchased by Google. Recent management has been moving very rapidly to reform the company which has caused a culture clash, expected, and a loss of a lot of experience due to down sizing. The challenge will be to keep the company alive while fundamentally changing what it is doing. The reality, is that there is a long way to go before Motorola Mobility will challenge the leaders in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

Find a new marketplace.