Motorola Mobility

www.motorola.com

Some great people, but abysmal upper management.

Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Libertyville, IL

ProsMotorola Mobility used to be an awesome place to work. Employees were treated with respect and dignity. The company used to pride itself with treating employees better than its competitors. However, changes in upper management have all but destroyed a once great company.

ConsExtremely depressing environment. Employees only just tolerated. Example, the ever present layoffs count employees as "work units" as in: "first quarter, 1,500 work units released." A once wonderful company has been devastated by upper managers only concerned with guaranteeing their own multi-million dollar parachutes. The only money making strategy in the last five years has been to lay off thousands American workers every three months.

Advice to Senior ManagementLaying off 1,000+ workers per year and then giving multiple upper managers $10+ Million bonuses year after year for "saving money" is both unsustainable and despicable.

It is a great place to work. Work atmosphere is very supportive.

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time

Pros: It offers great flexibility to balance work and life. Cons: There are no cons. Motorola Mobility is a great place… Advice to Senior Management: None, Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good team work, learn a lot.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Motorola Mobility as an intern for less than a year

Pros: good communication with developers and QA. well-organized in the company.… Cons: There is global team in world, coordination seem to be a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!