Motorola Mobility
3.1 of 5 1,428 reviews
www.motorola.com Libertyville, IL 5000+ Employees

Good people, culture and work environment but very poor management. Too many layers of management. Slow response.

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPeople culture is great. Very helpful, great team work to get things done. Very flexible work hours as long as things get done. Talented people with great ideas.

ConsToo many layers of management. Most mid level managements don't really contribute much. They are on the fence most of the time. Not technical enough to drive innovation and bureaucratic to push things through. As a result super slow in response to competitor challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementMid level management is the main bottle neck. Need to trim it off to be more effective.

.................

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Motorola Mobility

Pros: Good company to work for in the past 15-20 years Cons: They no longer believe in remote working since Google took over… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hopeful turn around

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Motorola Mobility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Backed by Google and slowly improving. Creative Engineers Great history. Decent Benefits Cons: Under a culture rebuilding. Struggling to be Google like A… Advice to Senior Management: Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motorola Mobility CEO Rick Osterloh. All reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees.