Motorola Mobility

Good Engineers, Management Inept

Engineer (Current Employee)
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

ProsGood engineering variety and well respected in the engineering community. Good rewards and very competitive package overall with excellent conditions and surroundings.

ConsThe industry is very cyclical and the whole work force depend on the r&d and npi teams doing a good job, which doesn't always happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey tended to adopt a dictatorial approach to mgmt and they were top heavy with managers. Having production managers then lead engineering teams was a very bad move.

No promotioin, no salary raise

Principal Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros: Motorola engineers are excellent to work with. I learned a… Cons: Too many managers and VPs. Motorola managers still play bureaucratic… Advice to Senior Management: Stay focused. We need the start-up mentality to be successful in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Decent company, but you always need to jump from teams to teams within.

Software Engineer Senior (Current Employee)

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros: Friendly people, relaxed atmosphere. Some people do know what… Cons: Job cuts at regular intervals. Moving jobs oversea to… Advice to Senior Management: Really need to come up with products that are intuitive to use. Our phones might be nice to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motorola Mobility CEO Rick Osterloh. All reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees.