Just doing enough to stay above water.

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Motorola Mobility

Pros

It was a great place to begin my career and have opportunities to learn and grow. A lot of very talented engineers who were always willing to see you succeed.

Cons

Executive leadership led us into terrible condition, now they spend more time trying to get out of a bad shape instead of strengthening themselves for the future

Stop flooding the marketplace with 60 products on the roadmap per year. Concentrate your engineering resources to reduce the number of hardware platforms and focus your SW efforts on more than just making the hardware work. The UI is not compelling, usability is nothing special, and there is no WOW factor.

Other Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Pleasant work environment for veterans. New hires? Not so much...

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist III  in  Holtsville, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist III in Holtsville, NY

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros

Motorola is an excellent environment for me since I have many coworkers that share the same age and interests. This makes it pleasant for me to work there, however there are some coworkers that are not exactly in our circle of friends that probably don't enjoy working here as much.

Cons

It takes forever for management to hire replacements for those who have moved on within the company or elsewhere. This makes those who are left are forced to do a lot of heavy lifting. There are lots of politics...

Senior management needs to make sure that the employees are satisfied enough with their compensation. This may prevent them from moving elsewhere within the company or outside of it.

A company with great potential, if management issues properly addressed.

Current Employee - R&D Manager
    Current Employee - R&D Manager

I have been working at Motorola Mobility

Pros

It is still a major company in communications, which offers a possibility to pursue the advanced R&D activities.

Cons

The senior and mid management seems to be the major problem holding back Motorola from producing innovative products, because of lack of insight, innovation, courage, commitment and thoroughness. They have not provided the needed leadership to best exploit the company's potentials. Hopefully, things start to change.
    Non-US organizations are often not given the leadership they may deserve, even with the competence they have proven. This has made career opportunities very limiting for employees oversee.
    Although a global grade system is established, it is not applied coherently in different regions, leading to unfair discrepancies in global recognition and advancement.

The non-performing mid and senior managers should no longer be tolerated. The years of effort in reorganization and down-sizing has mostly affect the core R&D staff without fixing the management problems. The senior management should have the courage to refresh the management layers to revive the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Mobility.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!