Allright

I worked at Motorola Solutions

Pros

Nice people, good campus, good benefits

Cons

seems to be shrinking, "selling us off"

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not a good place to work if you are ambitious and looking to progress career.

Former Employee - Principal Staff Engineer
    Former Employee - Principal Staff Engineer

I worked at Motorola Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Big company, abundant resources, Motorola brand (but slowly a dying brand)

Cons

Politics heavily heavily dictate career progress rather than talent. As you getaway from headquarter in Schaumburg, management protect their positions, doesn't utilize qualification and merit to select candidate to fill leadership roles. Instead, they mainly use a game of charade (deception) to make things appear like they are interviewing multiple people to fill a vacancy when internally, they have already given the position to their buddy. I found this to be particularly true in the southeast such as Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, Lousiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, etc. As a result, you have lot of deadweights who CANNOT do their jobs but yet earn a hefty salary. Example: on a team of 10 people plus the manager - 4/5 could be deadweights including the manager that the others must carry and work long hours (10-14 hours per day). My advise, if you want to work for Motorola - then go to their headquarter or in the west coast such as California. In general, if you are talented, they will box you into a corner and expects you to be in one position for years because of reasons I explained above. .

Advice to Management

Fix your management throughout the company. There are lot of deadweights who are earning 6 figure salaries but yet know nothing and does absolutely nothing at the office. Because of this, Motorola has already fallen into mediocrity and I predict that in 10 years, Motorola will be in significant trouble! The company has been shrinking for the last decade because of talented people who have left the company and an identity crisis of Motorola.

2. Its not the well respected company it used to be

I worked at Motorola Solutions

Pros

Its a job with a small paycheck

Cons

The current leadership has turned one of the most well respected excellent places to work that used to turn out some of the most advanced technology into a company riding on their name with no respect for their employees.