Motorola Solutions

www.motorolasolutions.com
  www.motorolasolutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Solutions

Great work/life balance but Hard to move up and get promoted

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Motorola Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility/work life balance is very good. I had a great team which was the main reason why I was there. It was a fun group. I developed great relationships and the team was very smart and talented. I am frequently impressed by my teams ability to deliver and meet challenging goals. This makes me proud to be apart of that team.

Cons

The promotion criteria isn't the same for everyone. Some people are promoted based on accomplishments. Others are promoted based on potential and no accomplishments. Others are promoted based on tenure. Other's aren't promoted at all. It is well known that you have to leave the company to move up. Also the company is making SO MANY fast and quick changes such as selling divisions, manufacturing facilities, real estate, and massive layoffs every quarter. It can be really scary working their day to day with no feeling of stability.

Promote everyone using the same measure. Solicit input from your team. Just because they are not at your level or in your position doesn't mean they can't provide business insight. When they offer new ideas, don't just boldly toss it to the wind, as if they don't have a clue. Because believe it or not, they do.

623 Other Employee Reviews for Motorola Solutions (View Most Recent)

Named Account Manager

I worked at Motorola Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture is the best part of Motorola. It is a true team and everyone is focused on customers at the street level.

Cons

Management does not appreciate employees or customers. Administrative errors that error on behalf of employees and customers occur often and are over looked by management.

Former Employee that left before laid off

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Motorola Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture of teamwork and training for employee development

Cons

Corporatized culture stopped treating people as people and started treating them as resources.

Get back to caring about people and investing in them as people not resources.

There are newer employer reviews for Motorola Solutions