Motricity
www.motricity.com Bellevue, WA 50 to 149 Employees

Not as Bad as People Make it Sound

Professional Services (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA

ProsThere are many opportunities to try and learn new things re other jobs, functional areas, customers, etc and all have the mobile focus. If you are a developer, but want to learn more about PM role, you can do that. If you are a finance person and want to learn more about what it takes to do a deployment, you can do that here by actually participating. I have learned and been a part of conversations and decisions that I don't think I would get anywhere else, certainly not in a big company such as Amazon or Microsoft.

Everyone has the potential for influence.

The people are highly talented and management isn't as bad as other reviews make it sound. I believe management is transparent in communication, although they can't tell us everything all the time.

There have been places I've hoped to into a car accident on the way to work so I don't have to go in. This isn't one of those places.

ConsIt has been a bumpy ride, especially for the last 8 months. Just about every change imaginable has happened: APAC operations shut-down, CEO and other C-level management walked out the door, action for cost reductions (lay-offs), etc. It's been difficult and a challenge.

The morale needs improvement and uncertain if people here are taking it upon themselves to try to make it better or would rather just complain about it. I think many would rather complain about it rather than help try to improve it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe little things matter. When you say something is going to be done, then make sure it gets done in the appointed timeframe. And if there is a delay, let people know before the deadline passes.

Truly enjoyed the challenge and co-workers during my time at Motricity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Motricity

Pros: Challenging and fast pace environments. Lots of technologies to… Cons: Communication gaps caused lost in direction/focus. Advice to Senior Management: Be more transparent. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Most of the time was filled with lots of work with little rewards

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

I worked at Motricity

Pros: Start up environment, so if you're a risk taker this might be… Cons: Still working on identifying the company, its culture, and how is brands itself in the… Advice to Senior Management: Work to build a brand that all employees can be… More
There are newer reviews on Motricity.

Worked for Motricity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motricity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Motricity CEO Richard Sadowsky. All reviews posted anonymously by Motricity employees.