There are newer employer reviews for Motricity

Not as Bad as People Make it Sound

Current Employee - Professional Services  in  Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Professional Services in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Motricity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are many opportunities to try and learn new things re other jobs, functional areas, customers, etc and all have the mobile focus. If you are a developer, but want to learn more about PM role, you can do that. If you are a finance person and want to learn more about what it takes to do a deployment, you can do that here by actually participating. I have learned and been a part of conversations and decisions that I don't think I would get anywhere else, certainly not in a big company such as Amazon or Microsoft.

Everyone has the potential for influence.

The people are highly talented and management isn't as bad as other reviews make it sound. I believe management is transparent in communication, although they can't tell us everything all the time.

There have been places I've hoped to into a car accident on the way to work so I don't have to go in. This isn't one of those places.

Cons

It has been a bumpy ride, especially for the last 8 months. Just about every change imaginable has happened: APAC operations shut-down, CEO and other C-level management walked out the door, action for cost reductions (lay-offs), etc. It's been difficult and a challenge.

The morale needs improvement and uncertain if people here are taking it upon themselves to try to make it better or would rather just complain about it. I think many would rather complain about it rather than help try to improve it.

The little things matter. When you say something is going to be done, then make sure it gets done in the appointed timeframe. And if there is a delay, let people know before the deadline passes.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Motricity (View Most Recent)

Truly enjoyed the challenge and co-workers during my time at Motricity.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Motricity

Pros

Challenging and fast pace environments. Lots of technologies to keep you on your toes. Amazingly smart co-workers with compassion.

Cons

Communication gaps caused lost in direction/focus.

Be more transparent.

Most of the time was filled with lots of work with little rewards

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Motricity

Pros

Start up environment, so if you're a risk taker this might be a chance to build a foundation and put your footprint in the Sand.

Cons

Still working on identifying the company, its culture, and how is brands itself in the marketplace. Communications need to be improved and more direction delivered from the management team.

Work to build a brand that all employees can be proud of and can articulate to their friends and family.

There are newer employer reviews for Motricity

Worked for Motricity? Contribute to the Community!