There are newer employer reviews for Mount Sinai Hospital

PCT

Former Employee - Pct in Miami Beach, FL
Former Employee - Pct in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Mount Sinai Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experience galore, but poor compensation.

Cons

Overworked, under compensated. I performed the work of 3 positions while there, and while I appreciated the training and experience, I was not compensated for my performance. I made the same pay as others who did less than half of what I did. Plus I was willing and on MANY occasions DID work doubles, nights, weekends and holidays that I was not required to just to fill the needs of the department, yet I was not compensated for such. HOWEVER, I learned so much, and met a lot of very memorable people, a few of whom became my friends. I am proud to say that I worked there, and I know that I was able to make a difference. It was very rewarding to know that my efforts helped in some small way to ease the transitions, challenges, and pain of many people.

Treat employees as persons that you may some day be working for. People remember how you treat them when they are climbing the rungs of education and employment status. Be more compassionate towards employees and patients. Evaluate job performance based what people DO, not what they SAY. or who they are related to, or who they are personally involved with. Be careful who you step on, on your way up, because they may be the people you meet on your way down. Basically, treat other people as people, not a number, and treat them with the same consideration that you would like to be treated with. Reward, recognize and compensate your hardest workers, and cut out the employees who do not perform their jobs.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Mount Sinai Hospital (View Most Recent)

Mount Sinai Hospital NY

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Mount Sinai Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Successful, innovative, and growing institution.

Cons

High turnover, tremendous energy exerted 'fighting fires' rather than preventing issues. High quality people deterred from joining instituion due to negative repution of certain depatments.

Get with the times. Beating people over the head may get you results quickly, however, suffer in quality and long-term sustainability.

Good learning experience BUT

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast pace, trauma center, growing health system

Cons

No room for growth, turnover, bad culture

There are newer employer reviews for Mount Sinai Hospital