Movado Group
www.movadogroup.com Paramus, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Movado Co. Store - I enjoy working for Movado but it is not somewhere I would want to stay after I graduate.

Third Key (Current Employee)
San Marcos, TX

ProsSales experience, well known product, networking with great clientele, small staff size, fun and laid-back work enviroment, hourly wage is extremely competitive compared to similar retail stores in the area.

ConsNo raises, commission bonus plans do not adequately reward sales associates from smaller revenue stores even if they are consistently hitting their monthly budgets. Outdated inventory system can be frustrating and administrative staff tend to be condescending to line level employees and store level managers. I feel like they think they are in a more prestigious position than what they really are, and are slow to go out of their way to help track down product and transfer product.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to realize that quick decisions that are not thought through well, can result in exponentially more work for line level staff and store-level mangement. Put yourself in the shoes of a store manager before you significantly alter his/her daily responsibilities regarding budget, paperwork, and enforcement of new policies.

Allow store managers to run their stores how they want, including time-off, daily scheduling, lunch allowances, budgets, and access to the computer and internet.

Great First Start

I have been working at Movado Group full-time

Pros: Friendly environment (for the most part), Great recognition for work done, Dress Code, Not very… Cons: Hit or miss management. Senior designers aren't given enough say. Not design oriented as much as should be. Design is business oriented, which leaves inovation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's great if you're in "the clique"

I have been working at Movado Group

Pros: Summer Fridays, employee discounts, casual dress code, staff (not senior… Cons: Favoritism abounds. Senior Management is aloof and distant unless you are in the charmed circle. Benefits are expensive. Salaries are low for the area.… Advice to Senior Management: Bridge the chasm between senior management and the rest of the staff. Stop all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Movado Group.

Worked for Movado Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Movado Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Movado Group CEO Efraim Grinberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Movado Group employees.